Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

WTB: Inexpensive K or M42 mount Film Camera.

danofmk
Posted 24/02/2021 - 17:42 Link
womble wrote:
davidstorm wrote:

If you could spend a little more and don't mind all manual operation, you can't get more reliable than a K1000.

Personally I would go for KM over the K1000. It doesn't have the cult following that the K1000 does (and is therefore usually much cheaper) and has one or two more "bells and whistles". On all older cameras there is a tendency for the mechanical self-timers to be a bit sticky and this can be the case with the KM too. If you never use it, its not a problem

K.

Seconded

Heck, you can get a KX or even a K2 for less than a k1000!! Has to be the most overrated and overpriced camera in the pentax collection
davidstorm
Posted 25/02/2021 - 13:11 Link
womble wrote:
davidstorm wrote:

If you could spend a little more and don't mind all manual operation, you can't get more reliable than a K1000.

Personally I would go for KM over the K1000. It doesn't have the cult following that the K1000 does (and is therefore usually much cheaper) and has one or two more "bells and whistles". On all older cameras there is a tendency for the mechanical self-timers to be a bit sticky and this can be the case with the KM too. If you never use it, its not a problem

K.

Hi Kris

Yes, the KM is a better camera, I agree. I find they sell for about the same price as a K1000 (the ones I've sold have anyway), the reason I suggested K1000 is for the very reason that it doesn't have any bells and whistles and therefore tends to go wrong less often. K1000's are definitely over-priced though IMO, for what they are. KX is even nicer, probably the best of the 'K' series bunch.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 26/02/2021 - 07:00 Link
Lubbyman wrote:
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
I've never seen a P30 without the socket for a standard cable release.

There's a first time for everything!

Comment Image

Steve

Wow, you're right. It should be on the bottom right of the mount as you look at it, as shown in this image: https://images.app.goo.gl/tCem5oTBVKp21RR89
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Edited by Jonathan-Mac: 26/02/2021 - 07:03

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.