Wow - Pentax Daguerreotype Achromat on Kickstarter. Hurry!!

Spaceman_Spiff

Link Posted 03/05/2016 - 14:50
Has anyone else seen the Lomography Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens that's currently being crowd funded on kickstarter?

From the video and details it looks really intriguing! It's a copy of the lens that took the first ever photo of a human, back in 1839, and it creates some beautiful effects.

I've just pledged to buy a brass copy (which looks beautiful) at $415 delivered - about £290 - but I notice that it needs just another 20 pledges to get made. The pledges are needed by Tuesday 10th May or the 50 minimum copies won't be made!! So, if you'd like one of these beauties to play with go immediately to Kickstarter! Surely a rare future collectible too...? Failure to achieve 50 pledges will result in a refund and much sadness from me.

Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomography-daguerreotype-ach...

Make sure you scroll down the page until you see the Pentax brass version at $400.
Better equipment enhances my ability to display my shortcomings.

Spaceman_Spiff

Link Posted 03/05/2016 - 23:02
Update:

Now only 15 more pledges needed and six days left in which to make this lens a reality, before it's too late
Better equipment enhances my ability to display my shortcomings.

womble

Link Posted 06/05/2016 - 18:10
Well they hit their fifty so I guess you are in luck. Glad to see they are finally producing a lens in K mount, it was mildly annoying that most other things were only Nikon or Canon.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.