Why is there so many K3 for sale

pink
Posted 02/10/2016 - 21:46 Link
I want to know why so many people are selling there Pentax K3's

I was going to put a advert up to buy one, But now I'm not so sure

I'm after a K3 with battery grip for around 450.00

Pink
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
JAK
Posted 02/10/2016 - 21:57 Link
Probably to buy K-1s!
John K
doingthebobs
Posted 02/10/2016 - 22:01 Link
JAK wrote:
Probably to buy K-1s!

Lucky for us that want to buy one. I have!
Bob
Posted 02/10/2016 - 22:16 Link
Well i own one and i am pretty satisfied with it.
It still covers my needs. I expect it to last for a decade or so (based on what i use it for).
Although, it is a 2014 model -so for some people might not be so "up to date" in terms of specs- of course is not a full frame one, K3 is still a great camera and does its job perfectly
AndrewA
Posted 02/10/2016 - 22:19 Link
K3 good enough for me too!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
johnriley
Posted 02/10/2016 - 22:21 Link
The K-3 is brilliant, but there may be lots of people who can't afford to have a K-3 and a K-1. Something has to give to upgrade to FF.
Best regards, John
wvbarnes
Posted 02/10/2016 - 23:17 Link
I bought a late K3 knowing the MkII was on the way. Late production coming with 1.18 software from factory. It was a bargain with the SRS extra £100 trade in bribes for my well worn K5 (15,000 clicks) . 6,000 clicks later I still love it. I might trade when such a point in the cycle comes round again (MKIII?) but not for a year or so.
davidstorm
Posted 03/10/2016 - 00:02 Link
K-3 is ample for me too, I can't get anywhere near its capabilities.

I'm still struggling to make the most of the K-5iis. Unless you are a pro or semi-pro shooter, I'm not sure why anyone would need more than 24mp and the performance a K-3 offers?

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
pink
Posted 03/10/2016 - 00:14 Link
I was thinking of updating my k5 to a k3
pink
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
stu62
Posted 03/10/2016 - 05:39 Link
pink wrote:
I was thinking of updating my k5 to a k3
pink

best thing i ever did i upgraded to the k3ii and wish i had done it a lot earlier
bwlchmawr
Posted 03/10/2016 - 07:06 Link
Perhaps I'm too easily satisfied, but having just spent a long weekend with my K5 I'm still amazed by its ability to cope with every situation thrown at it. The focusing, handling and exposure control are so good. I really don't want even bigger files to process.

The question you need to ask yourself, Pink, is: what will a K3 do that my K5 can't? Unless you just want a new camera and are flush with cash, of course. There's nothing wrong with buying new cameras if you feel like it and can afford it, but the lad seeing the picture and pressing the shutter will be the same.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Daronl
Posted 03/10/2016 - 07:50 Link
I was lucky enough to have a K1 as a family funded birthday present but I also have K 3 II and a K3.

Neither are overshadowed by the K1 so I have no plans to shed them in the forseeable future. The K1 is stunning but so are the other two for the uses I put them too: the K3 is my most used camera, travel, social and macro;, the K 3 II more or less permanently mounted to my 300 DA* or HD 150-450 (wildlife) and the K1 is used for commisions and paid work; it is good though, for BIF in special circumstances but generally I am happy with the K3 II

So don t have any reservations about the K3 it is a great camera.
Daronl
pink
Posted 03/10/2016 - 09:09 Link
I have bought a K3
but I'm still keeping my K100, 2xK20's son's k-x and K5

My brother-in-law has just bought a Nikon silly man I even lent him the K5 and a fast Pentax lens. I know why he bought a Nikon (because his father-in -law has one) and they will be able to share lenses and notes
Me I am a Pentax man

Pink
My Fluidr

Jonathan-Mac
Posted 03/10/2016 - 10:36 Link
My K3 won't be up for sale any time soon - it needs to last me at least another three years, and probably a lot longer than that.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
davidstorm
Posted 03/10/2016 - 12:50 Link
bwlchmawr wrote:
what will a K3 do that my K5 can't?

It depends Andrew on what type of photography you need to do. I do a music festival shoot each year and the K-3 is streets ahead of the K-5iis when it comes to focusing quickly and accurately. The K-3 is also miles better with my DA*300 for wildlife images, again this is mostly down to better focusing (locks on better and is more accurate).

There's very little between them for low light photography in terms of noise and IQ.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.