Why do you send the competitions alway a day after the finish?

Horst

Link Posted 20/12/2021 - 11:55
To the management.
A few times I complained that the end of the weekly competitions arrive here in Australia with the end date 1 day before I receive the email.
There has to be something seriously wrong.
Today's arrived at the 20th with the end date of the 19th.
This happens quite regularly. Why? Don't you like to get entries from Australia? Or is it just a joke?
Or maybe you are just not very bright?
Regards, Horst
Last Edited by Horst on 20/12/2021 - 11:57

Mannesty

Link Posted 20/12/2021 - 15:07
Not management, but, It's probably their way of getting back at you for always getting in first with the new year's firework display.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream
Last Edited by Mannesty on 20/12/2021 - 15:09

drofmit

Link Posted 20/12/2021 - 17:14
Horst wrote:
To the management.
A few times I complained that the end of the weekly competitions arrive here in Australia with the end date 1 day before I receive the email.
There has to be something seriously wrong.
Today's arrived at the 20th with the end date of the 19th.
This happens quite regularly. Why? Don't you like to get entries from Australia? Or is it just a joke?
Or maybe you are just not very bright?
Regards, Horst

Horst, don't rely on the emails.... I gave up years back... I keep the main PU homepage open as a tab on my browser... along with the Competitions page.Two tabs that sit next door to my Photocrowd Profile tab...
that way I never miss the announcement....
BUT.... being retired and never knowing which day of the week I am on... I often miss the closing date anyway!
Never be afraid to talk about your techniques...
"Give a thousand photographers...
the same camera, lens and scene...
and you'll always get a thousand different takes!!"
Anon.

johnriley

Link Posted 20/12/2021 - 22:19
The e-mails are automatic, and so far there doesn't seem to have been any way to synchronise that with the weekly and mointhly competitions.

To be fair though, we all know when each weekly and monthly competition ends, it's always the same schedule.
Best regards, John

Horst

Link Posted 21/12/2021 - 08:40
Good point, however you miss the main point, how can I anticipate the photographic subject?
Regards Horst
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.