Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Whitby Goth Festival 23rd & 24th April

K10D
Posted 22/04/2016 - 06:51 Link
I'll be going over the two days. As has been mentioned in another thread, It would be good to meet up, even just to say hello, so I'll be at the bottom of the 199 steps around 10am on both days (in case any one wants to throw a few eggs or tomatoes).

It's always good to meet other forum members so if you feel the need to snap something horrible and frightening, I'll be there.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
johnriley
Posted 22/04/2016 - 08:53 Link
There's no chance we'll be early enough on Saturday, but will try to meet up on Sunday. We have two mothers in tow who are quite slow, so will probably leave them behind for a while on the Sunday. They are affectionately known at the "mother ships" as they meander along and we return to them periodically to make sure they aren't up to mischief.
Best regards, John
K10D
Posted 22/04/2016 - 16:18 Link
I'll be there both days John and as a lot of activity is around the 199 steps, we'll be sure to meet up. I'll have the Z and the K3 hanging from a double harness and a similar badged hat aloft.

Try getting the "mother ships" onto the Whitby Gin. The Dolphin is a good central watering hole and they will be well looked after in there.

Best regards
johnriley
Posted 22/04/2016 - 16:32 Link
You'll recognise us as the couple with the matching Billingham Hadley Pro bags in black and tan.
Best regards, John
K10D
Posted 22/04/2016 - 18:23 Link
I'll keep an eye out John.

Alan, are you still going?

Anyone else planning on being there over the weekend?

Best regards
johnriley
Posted 24/04/2016 - 14:19 Link
We were there, but nobody else was around at 10am! So we braved the wind for a while and then retreated for coffee and a breakfast bun.

We'll be back again later today, probably around the abbey this time.
Best regards, John
K10D
Posted 24/04/2016 - 15:10 Link
Not sure how I missed you John. I did see Alan yesterday. Back at home now, left Whitby at 2PM. Indifferent weather today starting with hail stones and a really cold wind.

Comment Image

Best regards
Edited by K10D: 24/04/2016 - 15:25
johnriley
Posted 24/04/2016 - 17:10 Link
Ah well, we tried! Next time we'll make sure.

This afternoon we returned and enjoyed Dracula at the abbey. Unfortunately no images from there for PU as I was using something else that's been received for review.
Best regards, John
Gwyn
Posted 24/04/2016 - 20:51 Link
johnriley wrote:

Unfortunately no images from there for PU as I was using something else that's been received for review.

ShockHorror

Who'dathunkit JR going off Brand

Nice pic of Alan and his better half from K10D
K10D
Posted 25/04/2016 - 07:49 Link
Gwyn wrote:
johnriley wrote:

Unfortunately no images from there for PU as I was using something else that's been received for review.

ShockHorror

Who'dathunkit JR going off Brand

Nice pic of Alan and his better half from K10D

It did get me thinking of what it could be that John was also using alongside Pentax.

Best regards
johnriley
Posted 25/04/2016 - 08:54 Link
Don't worry gang, I'll be a getting a K-1 soon.....it is already approved by Mrs R.
Best regards, John
JAK
Posted 28/04/2016 - 22:40 Link
Those who frequent the Whitby Goth Festival for photographic purposes (I guess most here!) maybe interested in this item: http://nyenquirer.uk/10020-2/
Don't worry, it's positive.
John K
fatspider
Posted 28/04/2016 - 23:40 Link
JAK wrote:
Those who frequent the Whitby Goth Festival for photographic purposes (I guess most here!) maybe interested in this item: http://nyenquirer.uk/10020-2/
Don't worry, it's positive.

This has been a bone of contention for several years, there are descendents in Whitby of those buried in the graveyard who find the antics disrespectful, there's also the issue of some of the gravestones been rather unsafe and fears one may topple over and injure someone (or worse) Of course it's the same minority of togs and models year after year causing the problems.

And that's a rather good shot of myself and my good wife Gary, although you might have told me my cravat was loose
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
K10D
Posted 29/04/2016 - 16:31 Link
fatspider wrote:
you might have told me my cravat was loose

After the weekend I had a few things loose Alan. There are parts of me that are not as wind proof as I thought.

Best regards
fatspider
Posted 29/04/2016 - 17:48 Link
Quote:
After the weekend I had a few things loose Alan. There are parts of me that are not as wind proof as I thought.

Should nave been in Whitby Monday morning, there was snow on the rooftops
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.