Where to buy a K5iis

Blaze

Link Posted 23/12/2013 - 12:43
I'm not sure if this is the right section ....

I want to order a K5 iis but I've had problems with a couple of sites here in France, so would prefer to get one sent from the UK. Apart from anything else, the K5 iis doesn't appear to be very easy to get hold of in France.

I've found a site/shop called Clifton Cameras in Gloucester who will deliver to France and who seem to tick all the boxes.

Does anyone know them ? Or can you recommend anyone else ?

I'd be deeply grateful for any assistance in this !

johnriley

Link Posted 23/12/2013 - 12:52
The obvious ones are SRS and Park Cameras. I'd try SRS first. Clifton cameras seem to be OK, they are certainly very active.
Best regards, John

Helpful

Chrism8

Link Posted 23/12/2013 - 13:57
johnriley wrote:
Clifton cameras seem to be OK, they are certainly very active.

I've used Clifton camera's very often and always found them really good
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

Helpful

senn

Link Posted 23/12/2013 - 14:14
Salut Sally,
J'ai acheté le mien à la Fnac Belgique à Bruxelles (excellent service après-vent !), .. essayes de le commander à la Fnac France de ta région .. Sinon poses ta question ici aussi ..

bonnes chances

amitiés,

nuri
senn
my flickr gallery
my PPG

Blaze

Link Posted 23/12/2013 - 14:28
Merci, Nuri - en fait Fnac a annulé ma commande - l'appareil n'était plus disponible. En plus, les commandes chez Fnac viennent de plus d'allemagne

Bonnes Fêtes à toi !
Sally

Blaze

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 15:51
I've had a look at several sites in the UK and the hefty delivery charges and, for some strange reason, non-acceptance of my UK bank debit card make buying from the UK a less attractive proposition.

I have found a Pentax dealer within striking distance of here.
However, what surprised me is that the K5 iis body is 50€ more expensive than the K3 body.
Is there something I'm missing ?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received !

davidstorm

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 16:46
Hi Sally, I bought my K-3 from Clifton Cameras, they are a Pentax Pro Dealer and seem to be reputable / reliable.

The K-5iis certainly should not be more expensive than a K-3; if this is the case then you would be better off buying the K-3 instead as it is more capable than the K-5iis (not necessarily in overall IQ terms but taking into account all of the camera features and operation).

Do you have relatives in the UK who could order the camera for you then ship to you in France? This may be a more viable option than you ordering it directly from a UK dealer.

Hope this helps.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Gamka

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 16:56
Blaze wrote:
I've had a look at several sites in the UK and the hefty delivery charges and, for some strange reason, non-acceptance of my UK bank debit card make buying from the UK a less attractive proposition.

I have found a Pentax dealer within striking distance of here.
However, what surprised me is that the K5 iis body is 50€ more expensive than the K3 body.
Is there something I'm missing ?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received !

email SRS directly and arrange a time to speak with them. Provided your card is valid there should be no reason it is not accepted.

johnriley

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 16:59
Very often the card details and delivery address have to be the same. It's to prevent fraud.
Best regards, John

Blaze

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 17:09
Yes, I can understand the fraud aspect. We were in Germany recently and many places would not accept credit cards.

Apparently that the Post Office are unwilling to handle Lithium batteries - so they have to go by courrier, which is expensive, though understandable given the value of the product.

Unfortunately I can't upload a screen capture here, but if you look at this link, you will see what I mean !
link
"boitier nu" is the body only version.

I wonder if there has been some mistake - something to check after Christmas.

darkskies

Link Posted 24/12/2013 - 18:06
Hi Sally,

I've bought loads from SRS and they have delivered to France no problem. They will also reduce the cost of the postage by the amount of the UK postage if you say you are a member of PUF, unless the item is a post free item from their Ebay website, in which case you don't get a reduction.

Nice Xmas pressie!
This space deliberately left blank.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.