Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Where is he?

vic cross
Posted 26/05/2016 - 08:55 Link
Has anyone seen or heard from Simon Arron lately? The motor racing season is well and truly here and I miss his 'photos.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
bforbes
Posted 26/05/2016 - 09:54 Link
He was "experimenting with another system", back in 2015
vic cross
Posted 26/05/2016 - 11:11 Link
Thanks Barrie. I was just wondering as I hadn't seen a post from him for a long time.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
AndrewA
Posted 26/05/2016 - 11:40 Link
He is still about, seen him on Facebook too!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
simonarron
Posted 26/05/2016 - 12:52 Link
Hi all - and thanks for the interest, Vic.

Yes, I am still about - and log in to PU every so often to see what's happening on the planet Pentax. Thanks to AndrewA for drawing my attention to this, though.

As Barrie mentioned, late last year a pro friend lent me another system so that I could do some back-to-back tests (conducted over several weekends). In terms of IQ there was nothing much to choose between the two, and I preferred the Pentax's colour rendition, but I was swayed by the alternative's AF performance and with heavy heart decided to switch. I kept my K-5 IIs and a couple of favourite lenses, which I will still use, but I am using the other kit for all my motor sport work (and for obvious reasons can't post them here).

I continue to attend 45-50 motor sport events per annum and look forward to bumping into Pentax folk during my travels.

All good wishes,
Simon
vic cross
Posted 26/05/2016 - 14:06 Link
Traitor And I thought there was one sensible pro. out there using Pentax. You could try a K3ii which has improved AF and a decent burst rate.
AH WELL! each to his own. I suppose one day you'll see the error of your ways and come running back with your tail between your legs. All said with tongue in cheek and a large pinch of salt. Missing your pics.
CHEERS Vic.
simonarron
Posted 26/05/2016 - 14:09 Link
I don't think I could afford to switch back again, Vic - not for some time, at least - but I will keep an eye on the K-1.

And calling me a 'pro' is a slight exaggeration!
bforbes
Posted 26/05/2016 - 14:41 Link
I remember the day Carl and I missed you at Croft, talking to another Pentax user who was quite excited because he had seen a, "pro inside the barriers using a Pentax!!"
swarf
Posted 26/05/2016 - 17:15 Link
Judging on your images - definitely a 'Pro'!; and not forgetting your brilliant captions.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.