What type of bird?

annieogg
Posted 03/07/2012 - 16:31 Link
last week on one of the dry days we had I sat outside a cafe for a coffee and ths bird was very friendly and not at all scared of people. I had my camera but unfortunatly had it set on a high ISO so a little grainy.
As I no nothing about birds, I posted mainly to find out the type of bird as the photo is no great shakes lol.

Comment Image


pentax K5 f11 1/150 iso 3200
TAMRON XR DiII 18-200mm F3.5-6.3
All roads roam to Leeds
linklink

Pentax K-5 18-55mm Tamron 70-300mm
Pentax 35mm
a few filters Manfrotto tripod and monopod Silk tripod and a bumbling approach on how to use them
Frogherder
Posted 03/07/2012 - 16:33 - Helpful Comment Link
Could be a young Starling, but I'd simply call him Dickie

regards
Bernard
milamber
Posted 03/07/2012 - 16:34 - Helpful Comment Link
I reckon young Starling as well.
MAK
Posted 03/07/2012 - 17:23 Link
yep young starling
paulgee20
Posted 03/07/2012 - 18:14 Link
I agree, juvenile Starling. For some reason their numbers have dropped drastically this year.
K5's (2)both gripped, K10d gripped, Pentax 28-90 f3.5, Sigma 18-250mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, Sigma 10-20 f.4-5.6.EX DC, Hoya 135 f2.8, Take on 28mm f2.8 Pentax AF360 flash, 2 fill in slaves. 30 metre remote release, Rt angle viewfinder, Giotto NOT 3261B Tripod with Manfrotto 808Rd4 ball head, Manfroto 4861RC2 monopoly, shoulder stock, various filters etc, Panasonic SET HBS HD Video cam, Tamrac Explorer 8x backpack and a sore back.....
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......

Paul

:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20
Stuey
Posted 03/07/2012 - 21:03 Link
It's a young starling for me as well
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
annieogg
Posted 03/07/2012 - 23:20 Link
Thanks guys
I recon it must be a young starling then
All roads roam to Leeds
linklink

Pentax K-5 18-55mm Tamron 70-300mm
Pentax 35mm
a few filters Manfrotto tripod and monopod Silk tripod and a bumbling approach on how to use them
Frogherder
Posted 03/07/2012 - 23:38 Link
Quote:
For some reason their numbers have dropped drastically this year.
They usually do at this time of year (at least around here).
They'll be back in huge numbers when my apples are ripe.


regards
Bernard

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo