What's your latest acquisition?

womble

Link Posted 07/07/2019 - 21:49

pentax q par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 07/07/2019 - 22:25
womble wrote:

pentax q par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Looks great in the leather case
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 50mm macro - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

pschlute

Link Posted 07/07/2019 - 23:02
There was a thread on PentaxForums recently on leather cases for the K1. They really did look good.
Peter

My Flickr page

pipinmels

Link Posted 07/08/2019 - 15:38
tamron 28-75 2.8 to go with my tamron 70-200 2.8

womble

Link Posted 16/08/2019 - 23:36

Pinhole camera par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

TerryL

Link Posted 18/08/2019 - 22:12
I just sold my K1 and KP to fund a new K1 MK II. Don't see much improvement, so I regret the upgrade.

theonenadeem

Link Posted 18/08/2019 - 22:40
TerryL wrote:
I just sold my K1 and KP to fund a new K1 MK II. Don't see much improvement, so I regret the upgrade.

The improvements were
faster autofocus and faster continues autofocus
better stability , whilst handholding in pixel shift.

how do you rate these improvements?

RobL

Link Posted 19/08/2019 - 08:15
The Adobe Photoshop package. I just bought a Leica D-lux 7 which comes with a three month subscription and thatís the only software that effectively opens the Leica RAW files! What a con. Never been really interested in PS as all my processing is with Lightroom 6, the last non-subscription version. However the PS package blocked itís use when it expired so with an urgent deadline and no time to sort this I paid the sub. If I cancel I can always reinstall LR6 as I have it on dvd.

The Leica has a small 16mb sensor and zooming in on the computer you really appreciate the K1ís cracking performance. The images are good but the detail isnít there if you want to crop, but itís ok as a pocket camera. I know, I know I should have got the GR III but that has a fixed focal length and the Leica is so damned pretty! Seduced as always by the glamorous blonde rather than the sensible one.

Aitch53

Link Posted 19/08/2019 - 13:24
Couldn't you just have got a copy of DNG Convertor and converted the files to DNG files?
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

RobL

Link Posted 19/08/2019 - 17:08
Aitch53 wrote:
Couldn't you just have got a copy of DNG Convertor and converted the files to DNG files?

I tried all the options including the iMac converter and nothing converts the files to DNG; there are various free processing options which open the files as TIFF but they all look very dull and no matter what I did they werenít as good as the JPEGs, and to be fair those are already good enough so I stopped saving RAW files. Photoshop is the only one where the RAW files look decent but I wouldnít get it just for that. Just something else that Pentaxians take for granted but haunts other camera users!

JAK

Link Posted 19/08/2019 - 19:50
theonenadeem wrote:

The improvements were

Autofocus speed seems to be down to each individual lens rather than the camera body. Hand holding for pixel shift sounds a compromise for obtaining quality results which is why one would surely use it.
Same sensor etc. etc. so my thought is the mkII was purely to extend the shelf life of the same camera (and sell a new one to people who already own one!)
https://cameradecision.com/compare/Pentax-K-1-vs-Pentax-K-1-Mark-II
IMHO To all intents and purposes they are the same.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 19/08/2019 - 19:58

Mike-P

Link Posted 19/08/2019 - 20:39
Personally I have never used pixel shift as the programmes I use don't support it. As for faster autofocus and tracking I have seen nothing that categorically proves this so I have never felt the need to "upgrade" to the MKII.

Latest purchase was a 15-30mm, trying to decide whether to keep it and sell my Sigma 12-24mm or sell the Pentax lens as I do very little photography wider than the 24-70mm.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

TerryL

Link Posted 19/08/2019 - 22:44
theonenadeem wrote:
TerryL wrote:

The improvements were

Sure, I know what the improvement were, but I'm not seeing an autofocus improvement. If so, it is very marginal. Who cares about handheld pixel shift, when there's no software to process them.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 20/08/2019 - 08:58
I've procured a few lenses recently (awaiting receipt as they're in the post...) and a Pentax K-to-M42 adapter (genuine);
Helios 44-2 in 'excellent' condition according to the seller.
Auto-Takumar 55mm f/2.2 in 'excellent' condition according to the seller.
Fujinon 55mm f/2.2, without any cracks/splits in the plastic housings, according to the seller.

Looking forward to receiving and trying out some of these vintage lenses!

Benz3ne

Link Posted 21/08/2019 - 11:09
Benz3ne wrote:
I've procured a few lenses recently (awaiting receipt as they're in the post...) and a Pentax K-to-M42 adapter (genuine);
Helios 44-2 in 'excellent' condition according to the seller.
Auto-Takumar 55mm f/2.2 in 'excellent' condition according to the seller.
Fujinon 55mm f/2.2, without any cracks/splits in the plastic housings, according to the seller.

Looking forward to receiving and trying out some of these vintage lenses!

And received this morning! All in very reasonable condition, pleasantly surprised with the Fujinon which features absolutely no cracking to the bakelite/plastic housing.
Will have a clean-up with some diluted isopropyl alcohol and cotton buds a little later. The Helios has some 'gunk'/oil on the blades, which is rather unsurprising as they appear to come with a fair amount from new, so I'm not concerned about that. The Auto-Takumar is a beautiful, compact little lens.

Very happy with the purchases (I'll be trying them out a little later).
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 21/08/2019 - 11:09
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.