What's your latest acquisition?

coker

Link Posted 24/08/2022 - 14:11
My latest acquisition is this thread!!!

(Found it, Steve!)

Well, that's beautifully assembled from the initial inspiration, thanks for the mention(!)..

Vis-a-vis the protractor...

mine comes from Blocklayer, still, but now I draw it with a larger radius to the circle, 100mm., but print only a segment of it so it doesn't need to go all the way round the lens (or pointer) which becomes very space demanding! With such small DOF for the stack, the total arc is more than covered by the 90 degrees available, giving 180 steps of 0.5 degrees of rotation of the lens focus ring.
Anything more than 30 steps nearly blows my old desktop up!!

My pointer is composed of fine plastic covered garden wire, several strands thereof, ending in a 00 insect pin. The wire 's bendability enables very accurate initial placing of the terminal pin close to the surface of the protractor.
Readings of 0.5 of a degree are easy, 0.25 possible...........

I don't know what these figures represent in microns &, what's more, I haven't a clue how this could be measured/worked out. It is irrelevant anyway because these units are only a means to an end within the imaging / stacking process!!

I'll get a few piccies up together & pop them in My Photos, it'll make things clearer....

Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 25/08/2022 - 11:29
Just ordered a third Z1 though I don't know when I'll get it since I can't really have it posted to me in Spain. I think three copies of a film camera are enough to ensure backups for the future
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Sandi

Link Posted 25/08/2022 - 15:59
I have just acquired a seemingly brand new (at least to me) Pentax V spot meter. Love its simplicity.

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 29/08/2022 - 12:09
A couple of acquisitions, bought separately but received at the same time.

I finally bit the bullet and bought an LX when one popped up from a seller I trust for 250 with an M 50/1.7 in EX+ condition. It's in very nice shape indeed, even better than I'd expected, and seems to work perfectly. It's missing a mirror bumper so I need to replace that before I can use it. I'm eager to see what all the fuss is about

And the K 30mm f/2.8 came from Lennybloke, my usual LBA enabler. It's not a lens that had really been on my radar but I'm aware of it's reputation and decided to treat myself as I had a bit of extra cash.

IMG_5742 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

reso

Link Posted 01/09/2022 - 21:08
waiting for the postman he,s bringing me a pentax A 135 & a pentax A 24-50
k5iis k200d
8mm fisheye sigma 15mm sigma 10-20 3,5 hsm
tamron 17-50 2.8 sigma 18-125 hsm tokina 20-35 af tokina 28-70 atx pro ii tamron af 90 Pentax A 135 pentax F 35-105 pentax fa 50 1;1;7 pentax 55-300 sigma 70-200 apo ex 2.8 tamron sp 500
kenko pz af 1.5 tele tamron pz af 2.0 tele and a flash

redbusa99

Link Posted 02/09/2022 - 10:50
bought an early tamron 70-200mm f2.8 cheaply with damaged filter thread collar. Price for one on the net around 70-80 so contacted Tamron to see if they had the part, got the reply that they have , price is 8.58 and on its way to me. Good to see profiteering is still going well on the net
odd lens or 2

Flickr

pschlute

Link Posted 10/09/2022 - 22:02
Bought from LennyBloke, aka John, here is the classic Pentax portrait lens A*- 85mm f1.4. In super condition. Keep your eyes peeled on the photo forum for some images from it.

Thanks again John

Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 10/09/2022 - 22:03

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/09/2022 - 08:12
A classic Pentax dog portrait lens, by any chance??

pschlute wrote:
Bought from LennyBloke, aka John

How many members of this forum have not bought something from LennyBloke, aka John, or at least been tempted...

Steve

pschlute

Link Posted 11/09/2022 - 10:33
Lubbyman wrote:
A classic Pentax dog portrait lens, by any chance??

Possibly
Peter

My Flickr page

HarisF1

Link Posted 11/09/2022 - 11:45
A cheap (45) semi-automatic CZJ Biotar 58mm f/2 which upon arrival looked to have balsam separation. Likely going back unfortunately.

My second purchase is my old FA* 85. I couldn't turn down the chance to buy it back. I think I replaced the AF gear on this one before I sold it the first time so it should last a long time.

It means I've got two others to now put on the market!
All the gear with no idea

HarisF1

Link Posted 11/09/2022 - 11:47
Oh and I've also bought myself a DJI Mini 3 Pro, hopefully replacing my Mini 2 unless I get buyers remorse in the next 7 days.
All the gear with no idea

pschlute

Link Posted 20/09/2022 - 14:55
Well it took two months to arrive due to the lens being on back order, but given the bargain it was I don't mind.

The lens is the first 1x macro I have ever owned, so bugs in the garden had better watch out.

Peter

My Flickr page

Lubbyman

Link Posted 20/09/2022 - 19:04
pschlute wrote:
bugs in the garden had better watch out.

100mm macros can also be used to take portraits - of dogs . And that can be followed by getting 1:1 with those gorgeous eyes... .

Steve

pschlute

Link Posted 20/09/2022 - 21:30
Lubbyman wrote:
pschlute wrote:
bugs in the garden had better watch out.

100mm macros can also be used to take portraits - of dogs . And that can be followed by getting 1:1 with those gorgeous eyes... .

Steve

I had better get down to the shops and stock up on gravy bones !
Peter

My Flickr page

HazyJ

Link Posted 21/09/2022 - 19:37
I was at the Photography Show at the NEC Birmingham, UK yesterday and very year The Disabled Photographers Association has a flea market stall to sell items that have been donated. I found a mint condition Tamron 28-200mm AF lens still in its original box. This was about an hour before the show closed, always a good time to visit the flea market. When the man said that he would have to ask me at least 20, I nearly snapped his hand off. When `I took it home and tried it on the K1ii, it works perfectly.
Kind regards, HazyJ
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.