What's your latest acquisition?

Lubbyman

Link Posted 25/10/2021 - 22:32
Sigma EX DG 70mm macro. I know, I know, it's yet another macro lens. But they all have their uses...

Steve

HarisF1

Link Posted 26/10/2021 - 00:06
Lubbyman wrote:
Sigma EX DG 70mm macro. I know, I know, it's yet another macro lens. But they all have their uses...

Steve

Be careful you don't cut yourself on that one, it's razor sharp.
All the gear with no idea

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/10/2021 - 08:31
Lubbyman wrote:

Steve

Best Sigma I've ever used - you'll really enjoy this one
LennyBloke

Lubbyman

Link Posted 26/10/2021 - 10:09
Nice to get support for what you've just acquired!!

HarisF1 wrote:

Gave up using razors in the mid-70's (date, not age!) when I realised that not removing facial hair saved a lot of time in the morning that could be better spent in bed. Sharpness since then has been measured in terms of injuries due to chisels, Stanley knives etc.

Steve

HarisF1

Link Posted 26/10/2021 - 10:55
Lubbyman wrote:
Nice to get support for what you've just acquired!!

HarisF1 wrote:

Gave up using razors in the mid-70's (date, not age!) when I realised that not removing facial hair saved a lot of time in the morning that could be better spent in bed. Sharpness since then has been measured in terms of injuries due to chisels, Stanley knives etc.

Steve

Well last I heard, they cut diamonds with this lens sooooo

Mike-P

Link Posted 28/10/2021 - 15:15
Promised myself sometime ago I wouldn't buy any more Pentax lenses

So have just purchased a Pentax HD FA 43mm F1.9 Limited
. My Flickr

HarisF1

Link Posted 07/11/2021 - 18:58
Just bought myself a faulty K-1. It looks to have the mode dial failure so I'm going to take it apart and hopefully sort it out.

davidstorm

Link Posted 07/11/2021 - 19:36
HarisF1 wrote:
Just bought myself a faulty K-1. It looks to have the mode dial failure so I'm going to take it apart and hopefully sort it out.

How much did you pay for it? Hope you can repair it.
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

HarisF1

Link Posted 07/11/2021 - 21:08
370 delivered. For the price I wouldn't mind holding onto it for parts if there's something wrong with the mainboard.

RayB

Link Posted 07/11/2021 - 21:41
HD DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Ltd. My first macro lens.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 07/11/2021 - 22:23
That's a very nice lens - and not just for macro/close-up. Have fun with it!

Steve

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 08/11/2021 - 12:14
RayB wrote:
HD DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Ltd. My first macro lens.

A very nice lens that is lovely to handle and gives great results. I bought mine earlier this year and it has become my walkabout lens on my K70 and has also produced some of my best photos on the 6MP istD.

Enjoy and I look forward to seeing your photos.
Paul

K1000, istD, K70

HarisF1

Link Posted 12/11/2021 - 17:04
HarisF1 wrote:

It arrived earlier and wasn't playing nicely with my test lens - no electronic communication between lens and camera "F--". The mode dial was fine and the software seemed good so I looked at the mount and noticed a few loose screws.
Out of the 5 mount screws, I was able to fully tighten three. The other two aren't looking too good with what seems to be a stripped thread. I might get myself a slightly larger thread to fix these but I think for lighter lenses I'll be fine with three.

I'm not quite sure what would have caused the mount to come loose with two stripped screws but it appears that it could have been a fat Sigma lens. There's the characteristic Sigma scratch present just above the mount with a few extra friends, suggesting the lens may have struck the area suddenly. The camera has very few marks otherwise and is working fine.

davidstorm

Link Posted 12/11/2021 - 18:44
So, is the bargain K-1 useable HarisF1? If it is, that's a real bargain for 370. Also, how many shutter clicks has it had?
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Last Edited by davidstorm on 12/11/2021 - 18:44

HarisF1

Link Posted 12/11/2021 - 19:50
davidstorm wrote:
So, is the bargain K-1 useable HarisF1? If it is, that's a real bargain for 370. Also, how many shutter clicks has it had?

So far it's been perfect. Definitely worth the money. I'll have to be careful to avoid using heavier tele lenses on it but that's all really.

I'll report back when I've checked the shutter count too.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.