What's your latest acquisition?

Mike-P

Link Posted 21/10/2021 - 18:36
HarisF1 wrote:
reso wrote:
A tokina atx pro ll f 2.6/f2.8
Will give it a try out this weekend

Awesome, I had an eye on this one. Apparently these are stunning lenses - make sure you let us know your thoughts!

Me too ... nearly pressed buy a few times
. My Flickr

jeallen01

Link Posted 21/10/2021 - 19:22
LennyBloke wrote:
Lubbyman wrote:

What's the zoom range of the lens on the GR III??

Steve

It's a variable zoom Steve - depending on how far forward and back you can walk

K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

davidstorm

Link Posted 22/10/2021 - 14:53
A K-1 Mk1 with 4,000 shutter clicks for only £575. There's a slight catch in that the rear screen has a crack (all still works perfectly), but that can easily be fixed with some windscreen repair resin.
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

HarisF1

Link Posted 22/10/2021 - 16:52
Superb deal that, especially after you get the crack sorted!
All the gear with no idea

takuman

Link Posted 22/10/2021 - 18:06
My K3.5/28mm finally arrived from Japan, I would mark it as Mint-. quick wander around the garden, pleased with result, time will tell.
Just passing thru

davidstorm

Link Posted 23/10/2021 - 11:18
HarisF1 wrote:
Superb deal that, especially after you get the crack sorted!

Yes, it was an ebay purchase, I couldn't quite believe I managed to win it for that price. I suppose a lot of people would be put off by the crack in the rear screen, but I know it can be very easily fixed (have done it before) and so I took a chance on it. We're in Corfu at the moment, but my Son has tested it and everything works as it should, so it's a bargain.
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Mike-P

Link Posted 23/10/2021 - 11:39
I really don't understand why people don't use rear/top glass protectors. I use them for every camera I buy and they have saved the screen a number of times.

Even the cameras with touch screens work just as well with them on.
. My Flickr

HarisF1

Link Posted 23/10/2021 - 13:23
Exactly. I'm happy with the screen protectors I have on mine, with small scratches and larger marks too. It just means I've been able to avoid permanent ugliness.

And yes, I was tracking that K-1 too (I think we all have the same eBay watch lists!!!) and I was surprised by the way the price shot up at the end.
All the gear with no idea

jeallen01

Link Posted 23/10/2021 - 14:01
Mike-P wrote:
I really don't understand why people don't use rear/top glass protectors.....

Possibly because, sometimes, you can't actually get the one (or at least a good version) you need. e.g, when I bought the K-3 in 2014 I was able to get a (Ex-Pro brand) set of protectors for the rear & top screens, but when I then bought the K-3 II a couple of years later, I could only find a protector for the rear screen and not one for the top screen.

OK, I could have "cut and shut" a larger one from somewhere, but never got around to that.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Mike-P

Link Posted 23/10/2021 - 14:10
jeallen01 wrote:
Mike-P wrote:
I really don't understand why people don't use rear/top glass protectors.....

Possibly because, sometimes, you can't actually get the one (or at least a good version) you need. e.g, when I bought the K-3 in 2014 I was able to get a (Ex-Pro brand) set of protectors for the rear & top screens, but when I then bought the K-3 II a couple of years later, I could only find a protector for the rear screen and not one for the top screen.

OK, I could have "cut and shut" a larger one from somewhere, but never got around to that.

As I said, I had one one on EVERY camera I have owned including the K-3 II (top and back)

Obviously you didn't look hard enough I use these people for all my protectors LINK

Edit: Wasn't the K-3 and K-3II screen sizes the same anyway or do I remember that wrong.
. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 23/10/2021 - 14:16

womble

Link Posted 23/10/2021 - 18:40
Thanks for that link, just ordered some protectors for my K-3iii.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Mike-P

Link Posted 23/10/2021 - 19:30
womble wrote:
Thanks for that link, just ordered some protectors for my K-3iii.

Welcome
. My Flickr

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 25/10/2021 - 12:19
An AA battery grip for the SFX and SFXn popped up on E-Bay for a reasonable price this morning so I grabbed that. They're quite hard to come by but, as long as you don't mind the extra weight of the AA batteries, they pay for themselves after a time because you don't need expensive lithium batteries. This will be the second one I own though I don't use the SFXn as much since I got a pair of Z1s (which don't have the AA option unfortunately).
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

takuman

Link Posted 25/10/2021 - 16:42
Real shot in the dark, I am trying to source a pentax-rh-b 70mm lens hood for Pentax-A 35-105 lens. Anyone got one lurking in the back of the shed please pm me. Regards John.
Just passing thru

RichardC

Link Posted 25/10/2021 - 20:51
S-M-C Takumar 120mm f2.8 from an eBay seller in Japan and an S-M-C Takumar Zoom 85-210 f4.5.

The 120mm from Japan was with me within a week and the import tax wasnít too bad in the end. Itís my first purchase from Japan and if anything the condition is better than described which is always a pleasant surprise. Itís really compact and will fit nicely in my coat pocket to give a discreet short Tele option with my K5iis. Initial testing shows it to have enough difference in length over my 85mm to justify some use.

The condition of the 85-210mm is less than excellent but it seems to be so solidly built that a few scuffs on the barrel havenít really affected it. Itís not quite as subtle and compact as the 120mm but fills a gap nicely and feels great to use.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.