What's your latest acquisition?

cbrog

Link Posted 13/05/2021 - 11:04
An absolutely mint Tamron SP 500mm 55B. Why? dunno really.

Roger

womble

Link Posted 13/05/2021 - 16:38
cbrog wrote:
Roger

Because I wanted one when I was a teenager and now I can afford it?
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

prsjnb

Link Posted 13/05/2021 - 19:49
Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F2.8 Di LD [IF] Macro - a snip at £279.00 courtesy of a tip from Defragged on this forum link. In use has not disappointed, viz:

'Soft', but useable, at f/2.8. Marked improvement in resolution and contrast from f/3.2 which extends pretty much across the frame from f/3.5 when used with a K-3. By f/5.6 the results are very good in every respect with peak performance reached around f/8. The close focus capability of the lens is very useful and add considerably to its versatility. I have found the AF performance of the lens coupled with the K-3 neither whippet-, or sloth-like and not dissimilar to that of the majority of third-party screw drive lenses in my possession. I have experienced occasional 'hunting' when using AF in spot mode in low light, most often at the lower end of the zoom range. Contrary to the opinion of many users, at least judged by those posted in the Pentax Forums Lens Reviews section, I have not noticed a significant decline in IQ at 200mm. Neither have I found the AF - MF, and vice versa, changeover mechanism to be an issue.

Overall, and whilst not claiming that the performance and build quality of the Tamron is the equal of, or even close to, that of the Pentax-DFA or -DFA* equivalents, for £300 or less a copy in good condition represents good value.

Jon

cbrog

Link Posted 13/05/2021 - 19:55
womble wrote:
cbrog wrote:
Roger

Because I wanted one when I was a teenager and now I can afford it?

When I was a teenager that lens was over 30 years in the future...what I wanted, and how I wanted, with no chance of owning, was a Zeiss Ikon Contax.

I had to settle for a mahogany and brass quarter-plate Sanderson I picked up at our local scout troop jumble sale.

Roger

prsjnb

Link Posted 13/05/2021 - 20:04
cbrog wrote:

Roger

Because, despite its age and vagaries ('doughnut' OOF highlights; vanishingly thin DOF), it remains a lens capable of good results with modern(ish) DSLRs like the K-3. E.g.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 14/05/2021 - 01:34
Going to the other extreme of the scale, it does a 1st class macro job too. These 'spectators' were about 1cm tall.
There are a few donuts scattered around but they don't detract IMO.

Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

womble

Link Posted 14/05/2021 - 08:27
cbrog wrote:

I had to settle for a mahogany and brass quarter-plate Sanderson I picked up at our local scout troop jumble sale.

Roger

Ooooo nice!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

takuman

Link Posted 16/05/2021 - 17:10
Awaiting delivery of Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 SP AF Pentax Zoom Lens. Now going into therapy( LBA)
Just passing thru

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 04/06/2021 - 22:52
This arrived today. Think it may be brand new

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

womble

Link Posted 04/06/2021 - 23:21
cardiffgareth wrote:

Nice! I don't have any P series bodies. Must resist... 😬
Kris Lockyear

My website

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 04/06/2021 - 23:35
womble wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:

Nice! I don't have any P series bodies. Must resist... 😬

After the Program A disaster I cut my loses! Always liked the look of the P30t and as I can shoot manual or aperture priority and it has a cable release then I took the plunge!

Just ordered a roll of Delta 100 and some chemicals so looking forward to shooting images and developing them.... He says!!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 07/06/2021 - 21:54
I got a used Heliopan 55mm CPL to use on my 20-40mm DA Limited. Seems to be good quality but it's certainly not slim. Doesn't seem to produce any visible vignetting from brief initial testing though.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

loadoftripe

Link Posted 04/07/2021 - 18:40
Decided on a new K1 mkii rather than a new K3 mkii, thought the new K3 was too close to my KP and I have mainly FF lens. The K1 is another indulgence but got a good deal and I am pleased so far, I may have to justify keeping the kp to the boss though I may sell it in the near future if the k1 leaves it sat on the shelf

Mike-P

Link Posted 05/07/2021 - 08:04
Needed to scratch an itch.

Bought a Sony A9, autofocus and tracking speed is all I imagined (and more).

Feels like cheating a bit.
. My Flickr

laurencea

Link Posted 06/07/2021 - 22:53
Someone asked me for a bit of film camera advice and i ended up on ebay as a result - just to check my recommendation.
Somehow - really have no idea how this happened... i now have a Voigtlander Vitomatic II. This cost £9.99 and also came with two working light meters and a Kodak instamatic (which seems to be broken, even if i could get film for it).
And... a lovely, fully working FED 3a
Then there was the Voigtlander Vitessa, which was so beautiful i had to buy it and is going to cost more to get fixed (sticky shutter) than it cost to buy!

Need more film now!
Pentax k100d, k30d 18-55, Tamron 70-300, Tamron 500 mirror, pentax 10-17, 50 1:4, a manual 28, some extension tubes and a bagful of memory cards. That's all i need... and a load of film cameras too... that's it, honest.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.