What's your latest acquisition?


markm

Link Posted 14/04/2021 - 15:35
Samyang 10mm lens Got it from Bristol Cameras. Not been out with it much yet but very happy with the condition as a used item it is as new.
K70 Body. Lens 55-300 50-200 17-70 USM 100mm Macro & Samyang 10mm

JonSchick

Link Posted 14/04/2021 - 15:40
135/2.5 SMCK has arrived in perfect condition. Itís beautiful and Iím looking forward to putting it to use.
Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link

reso

Link Posted 15/04/2021 - 09:57
picked up a very nice pentax A 35-105 at a good price
an oldie but a great lens
k5iis sigma 10-20 3,5 hsm sigma 15-30
pentax da 16-45 f4 tamron 17-50 2.8 pentax 17-70 f4 sigma 18-125 hsm sigma af 24 2.8 pentax f 35-70 pentax A 35-105 pentax F 35-105 pentax da 55-300 sigma 70-200 apo ex 2.8
kenko pz af 1.5 tele tamron pz af 2.0 tele and a flash
Last Edited by reso on 15/04/2021 - 09:57

Benz3ne

Link Posted 15/04/2021 - 17:59
reso wrote:
picked up a very nice pentax A 35-105 at a good price
an oldie but a great lens

Looks a good one, Iíve been fancying the ďstack of primesď too but havenít got around to searching.

HarisF1

Link Posted 15/04/2021 - 22:23
It's one of those really solid feeling lenses but I've never managed to get comfortable with one on a DSLR (the SR focal length setting is an extra faff so I tend to stay away).

womble

Link Posted 15/04/2021 - 22:51
Mine is really stiff. One day I'll send it off for a service. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Benz3ne

Link Posted 16/04/2021 - 06:32
HarisF1 wrote:
It's one of those really solid feeling lenses but I've never managed to get comfortable with one on a DSLR (the SR focal length setting is an extra faff so I tend to stay away).

You make a very valid point there about shake reduction.

johnha

Link Posted 16/04/2021 - 12:03
womble wrote:
Mine is really stiff. One day I'll send it off for a service. K.

I think mine is too. It's a fairly bulky, heavy lens and I haven't really used it much.
PPG Flickr

davidwozhere

Link Posted 18/04/2021 - 00:36
There is one described as 'mint' on a well known auction site right now.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 20/04/2021 - 08:48
Yesterday afternoon I was browsing in an app for buying and selling things and came across a very interesting item. I immediately got in touch and a short time later jumped in the car for the fifteen minute journey to pick it up. Everything that came with this lens is a bonus. The K2 has something in the viewfinder and the ISO dial is extremely stiff. There was also an M 80-200mm f/4.5, a flash and various other little bits and pieces, all in an old but nice Cullman shoulder bag.



Pentax K2 with K 28mm f/2 "Hollywood"
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Last Edited by Jonathan-Mac on 20/04/2021 - 08:48

pschlute

Link Posted 20/04/2021 - 12:20
Very interesting indeed. A "Zeiss" Hollywood lens, and an early one to boot.

Great find.
Peter



My Flickr page

Lubbyman

Link Posted 07/05/2021 - 16:06
A new printer. Nothing special to report about that. What does deserve a special mention, though, is superb service from Carmarthen Cameras.

I'd originally ordered the printer from a big online merchant that sells all things electrical and electronic. Many printers 'out of stock' but this one 'in stock'. Delivery date in a week, according to the order. A week came and no printer. Checked and found that it was actually out of stock (although still showing as in stock), hoping for new stock in 3 weeks. And they hadn't told me, in spite of 'We'll keep you updated with progress of your order". So looked around, saw Carmarthen was saying it was in stock, phoned, got immediate confirmation that they had 19 (I think) on the premises and had a nice chat with a helpful man. Ordered online late morning yesterday, it arrived late morning today. Couldn't be better.

Now just waiting for the old printer to finally pack up before getting the new one up and running. Got lots of ink for the old one so may as well use as much as possible!

Stev e

RobL

Link Posted 08/05/2021 - 08:12
Lubbyman wrote:
A new printer. Nothing special to report about that. What does deserve a special mention, though, is superb service from Carmarthen Cameras.

I'd originally ordered the printer from a big online merchant that sells all things electrical and electronic. Many printers 'out of stock' but this one 'in stock'. Delivery date in a week, according to the order. A week came and no printer. Checked and found that it was actually out of stock (although still showing as in stock), hoping for new stock in 3 weeks. And they hadn't told me, in spite of 'We'll keep you updated with progress of your order". So looked around, saw Carmarthen was saying it was in stock, phoned, got immediate confirmation that they had 19 (I think) on the premises and had a nice chat with a helpful man. Ordered online late morning yesterday, it arrived late morning today. Couldn't be better.

Now just waiting for the old printer to finally pack up before getting the new one up and running. Got lots of ink for the old one so may as well use as much as possible!

Stev e

I have used them in the past and found them very helpful too. Itís a shame that printers are one item you cannot p/x for a new one, I was thinking of upgrading mine but it still works perfectly so it is staying for the time being.

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 13/05/2021 - 08:53
On Monday I picked up a lightly used HD 20-40mm Limited zoom. It's a lens I've wanted for quite some time despite having the 16-85mm as a good quality option for when the weather is poor but now with two small kids beach holidays are on the horizon and I wanted a lens that I can use around sand and enjoy using, something that the Limited primes excel at.



K-3 & HD 20-40mm f/2.8-4 Limited
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

I also picked up a Panasonic Lumix FT30, a small waterproof compact for use mainly in and around swimming pools. Image quality is far from great but in some situations only a waterproof camera will do.



Lumix FT30
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Mike-P

Link Posted 13/05/2021 - 10:14
The 20-40mm works surprisingly well on full frame as well.

Had a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 arrive a couple of days ago to replace my Pentax version. Nowhere near as good but for the amount I used it I would rather have the £900 difference in my pocket.
. My Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.