What's your latest acquisition?

davidwozhere

Link Posted 17/03/2021 - 23:13
I have to agree with Gareth about the lack of speed and Kris about the lack of a need for speed in how we both appear to approach our photography. Fussing about, getting it just so is half the fun.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 20/03/2021 - 21:20

Needed a new battery and a good clean up. Rear grip was cracked in half so glued back together. Didn't register the lens in A mode but a clean of the contacts and all was good. Lens optics are great also. Gonna chuck a roll of film through it and see how the light seals are.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Flan

Link Posted 21/03/2021 - 20:13
cardiffgareth wrote:

Needed a new battery and a good clean up. Rear grip was cracked in half so glued back together. Didn't register the lens in A mode but a clean of the contacts and all was good. Lens optics are great also. Gonna chuck a roll of film through it and see how the light seals are.

hi cardiffgareth first things first ,unlucky in the rugby (in the last few minutes) today. My heart bleeds for ye and that's the general feeling among others. Nice camera for 40 quid though , having owned one from new since 1985. the light seals have gone to sticky mush in mine from been stored for to long a period and i hope its only the back cover seals and not the mirror cushions as well but mechanically its still perfect . best of luck with the purchase
Last Edited by Flan on 21/03/2021 - 20:16

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 21/03/2021 - 20:44
Thanks. I was devastated, couldn't believe it. We had possession with a turn over and there was only 2 minutes to run down the clock and then it all went wrong.

The light seals in mine aren't great. I've run a roll of film through it today and will dev only tomorrow to make sure the wind on is fine, meter is good and no light leaks but they'll need doing to make it 100%
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 26/03/2021 - 22:14
Not Pentax related but a dev tank, measuring cylinders, thermometer...
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 29/03/2021 - 09:39
So after cleaning all the channels where the light seals are/were ready for new ones I notice this hole. There should be a screw in there to hold the rear grip on. This is the rear grip that was cracked. Didn't have the right screw so I've used a screw from an old extension tube that fits but sits ever so proud in the film chamber. I've glued it in to make sure it doesn't come lose and also reglued the grip to make sure all is set tight and light sealed. So when the new light seals arrive I should be in business.

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

HarisF1

Link Posted 29/03/2021 - 12:40
Pentax A 100/2.8 with what seems to be dirt in the rear optics.

Pentax F 28/2.8 with oily blades.

I'll be looking to sort them out - good prices if it's a straightforward fix.

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 29/03/2021 - 12:52
I saw and watched those 2 listings

HarisF1 wrote:
Pentax A 100/2.8 with what seems to be dirt in the rear optics.

Pentax F 28/2.8 with oily blades.

I'll be looking to sort them out - good prices if it's a straightforward fix.

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

HarisF1

Link Posted 01/04/2021 - 01:55
The A 100/2.8 arrived. It's clearly had someone fiddle with the rear end although it looks like they were unable to remove the retaining ring. The notches are damaged so a lens tool won't work.

Luckily though, the dirt was on the outer part of the rear element so has been cleaned off. There's a bit of hazing in the front which I think could be separation (I haven't looked at the lens diagram yet) but the first few snaps have come out with great results.

Edit: Having looked at the lens optics diagram I've noticed that there are no cemented elements. I think I'll open up the front and give it a little bit of a wipe down to remove the slight haze.
Last Edited by HarisF1 on 01/04/2021 - 01:57

takuman

Link Posted 01/04/2021 - 11:28
Just received an SMC Pentax 200/4 purchased from Japan, absolutely mint, arrived via DHL in 4 days! I now have enough vintage lens, 28mm, 2 x 50s, 135/3.5 2x200/4s, (my original one purchased by me in 1980 has developed the dreaded F....S and is sitting in what passes for sunshine at the moment) and my original 300/4 completes the manual line up. All a pleasure to use. Love them
Just passing thru

JonSchick

Link Posted 01/04/2021 - 23:30
20-40 DA Limited arrived today and is sat impatiently awaiting a body to be mounted on..... I’m coming home 😀😉
Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link

Lubbyman

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 20:19
A second camera trap.

This one one will be taking on hedgehog duty at night, possibly bird feeder duty during the day. The first one, which has been around for a couple of years, is currently pointing at the patio, where a small and rudimentary 'water feature' is used as a bath by blackbirds, house sparrows, dunnocks and blue tits. Neither are Pentax, of course. But the K3 + DA*300 + TC is ready in the dining room in case anything more unusual arrives - and for following the progress of this year's herring gulls nesting behind the chimney of the house 2 doors away.

Steve

Aitch53

Link Posted 14/04/2021 - 10:50
Well, not photography, but my latest?

Yesterday, I got myself an S-2000. I've spent very little over the last year and the DX-394 is getting a bit long in the tooth. Plus, with ML&S being within close walking distance...

Quite impressed so far.
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

womble

Link Posted 14/04/2021 - 11:43
Aitch53 wrote:

Yesterday, I got myself an S-2000. I've spent very little over the last year and the DX-394 is getting a bit long in the tooth. Plus, with ML&S being within close walking distance...

Quite impressed so far.

Funny how lack of domain knowledge can lead to one reading an entire message and have no idea what it is about! Enjoy your new radio (as I now know having followed the link).
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Aitch53

Link Posted 14/04/2021 - 12:00
womble wrote:
Aitch53 wrote:

Quite impressed so far.

Funny how lack of domain knowledge can lead to one reading an entire message and have no idea what it is about! Enjoy your new radio (as I now know having followed the link).

Yes, that was in the back of my mind as I composed the post. The fact that a lot of photography sites, especially single-make ones, tend to use abbreviations/model numbers, which can be confusing to newbies (are we still allowed to call them that?).
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.