What's your latest acquisition?

LennyBloke

Link Posted 11/02/2021 - 11:47
Nakedgun wrote:
This arrived the other day, will be for use on the K-1ii:

I think you'll enjoy it - it's superb quality and not too bulky or heavy to carry around on lengthy walks, look forward to seeing some results maybe
LennyBloke

Nakedgun

Link Posted 12/02/2021 - 01:17
LennyBloke wrote:
Nakedgun wrote:
This arrived the other day, will be for use on the K-1ii:

I think you'll enjoy it - it's superb quality and not too bulky or heavy to carry around on lengthy walks, look forward to seeing some results maybe

First post with this lens under the "Your Photos" thread, entitled "Afternoon"
"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin

womble

Link Posted 13/02/2021 - 22:07
Although it is currently residing with a friend until we can meet-up again, I have finally managed to find the elusive lens hood for my SMC Pentax-AF zoom 1:2.8 35-70mm.

Lens hood (1) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

johnha

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 19:11
[quote:3496ace15f="womble"]Although it is currently residing with a friend until we can meet-up again, I have finally managed to find the elusive lens hood for my SMC Pentax-AF zoom 1:2.8 35-70mm.

Nice find
PPG Flickr

Mike-P

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 20:59
Well my next aquisition certainly won't be a used DFA 24-70mm f/2.8
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

Defragged

Link Posted 16/02/2021 - 21:24
Mike-P wrote:
Well my next aquisition certainly won't be a used DFA 24-70mm f/2.8

lol...
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

loadoftripe

Link Posted 17/02/2021 - 11:59
Couldn't resist, got this in mint condition, as near as good as my k1000. Becoming a collector
Oh, found my receipt for the k1000, half price closing down sale at Comet in 24/09/87 body only at £45.

Just need to film test now, everything appears to work.
Btw, as a quick check I tried 2 digital and 3 film slr cameras metering at same subject and all gave same f stop reading with 200 ISO and 1/4 shutter. I know this is not scientific but is it a check worth any merit?
Last Edited by loadoftripe on 17/02/2021 - 12:10

Benz3ne

Link Posted 17/02/2021 - 12:35
loadoftripe wrote:
Couldn't resist, got this in mint condition, as near as good as my k1000. Becoming a collector
Oh, found my receipt for the k1000, half price closing down sale at Comet in 24/09/87 body only at £45.

Just need to film test now, everything appears to work.
Btw, as a quick check I tried 2 digital and 3 film slr cameras metering at same subject and all gave same f stop reading with 200 ISO and 1/4 shutter. I know this is not scientific but is it a check worth any merit?

That looks a peach of a KX! Very nicely done.
Yup, it's got merit. It's how I've roughly checked mine in the past. What it won't do is give you an idea of whether your shutter speeds are calibrated, but it's a nice check for the metering.

barkin

Link Posted 24/02/2021 - 15:25
A Panasonic LX100, which I've just boxed up to return 'cause it's got a mark on the sensor.

Grrr...

womble

Link Posted 24/02/2021 - 16:33
I had a K-series 20mm lens in my sights but despite advertising it as "worldwide shipping" the seller declined to send it out of the US. By the time I had spoken to my sister-in-law in MA, it had sold. Grrrrrr. I do have a K500 winging its way to a friend in Ohio, but who knows when I'll get there to collect it...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 24/02/2021 - 22:04
womble wrote:
I do have a K500 winging its way to a friend in Ohio, but who knows when I'll get there to collect it...

It will be an interesting challenge getting that onboard in carry-on luggage

I’m struggling to find a bag sufficiently large to accommodate my copy of the lens with body attached.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

womble

Link Posted 24/02/2021 - 22:59
LongTimeLurker wrote:
womble wrote:
I do have a K500 winging its way to a friend in Ohio, but who knows when I'll get there to collect it...

It will be an interesting challenge getting that onboard in carry-on luggage

I’m struggling to find a bag sufficiently large to accommodate my copy of the lens with body attached.

That thought had crossed my mind. Hoping it'll fit without the body... I have to buy a new bag soon anyway as my old cheapie** one which has lasted almost 12 years is starting to show its age.

**I think I got my £43.70s worth given I ordered in in January 2009.
Kris Lockyear

My website
Last Edited by womble on 24/02/2021 - 23:03

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 26/02/2021 - 06:57
womble wrote:

Do you mean a K series 500mm lens or a K500 DSLR?
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

womble

Link Posted 26/02/2021 - 14:50
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
womble wrote:

K series 500mm lens.
Kris Lockyear

My website

womble

Link Posted 26/02/2021 - 20:24
womble wrote:
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
Quote:

K series 500mm lens.

Well it made it to Ohio...

New toy par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.