What's your latest acquisition?

pschlute

Link Posted 10/01/2021 - 19:21
SMOKE665 wrote:
. One thing that I don't know if it was a fluke or there's an issue, but I had some CA on a couple shots. Hopefully the weather will warm up enough that I can get out this week for some more thorough testing.

Care to show an example ?
Peter

My Flickr page

Benz3ne

Link Posted 11/01/2021 - 15:15
The Ensinor 24mm f/2.8, kindly received in prompt and safe fashion from Danofmk.
Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the Sigma Super-Wide ii 24mm f/2.8 that is currently in my arsenal...
In other news, I might be making a few de-acquisitions before too long. I've firmly placed my eye on a 3rd-party, natively-mounted lens for my Sony body as well as hoping to scale back on lenses, as there are many I simply don't use (much to the approval of SWMBO)...

womble

Link Posted 11/01/2021 - 16:04
I picked-up a AF400FTZ for my SFXn from that auction site for a nice low price. Just as well, as it's as dead as a dodo.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

davidwozhere

Link Posted 12/01/2021 - 00:54
Go on LennyBloke. You know you really want one!
Here is the beaten up old Primotar I recently acquired. I have since dismantled it and cleaned the insides.
It is now good as new to all practical purposes. I am delighted with it

Here it is with the rest of the Meyer Optik brigade. The Lydith is missing because it is on the camera taking these images!
From the left: Orestor 2.8/135; Primotar 3.5/135; Pentacon 4/200 and Pentacon 4/300.
At the back: Oreston 1.8/50 and Orestor 2.8/100(preset)

Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Lubbyman

Link Posted 12/01/2021 - 09:30
Got an L bracket last week, thinking it might end up being a nice idea that I hardly use. Now I wish I'd got it years ago...

Steve

womble

Link Posted 12/01/2021 - 12:07
womble wrote:
I picked-up a AF400FTZ for my SFXn from that auction site for a nice low price. Just as well, as it's as dead as a dodo.

Despite the battery contacts looking clean and shiny I thought I would try the old pencil eraser trick. Well, blow me down it worked! I now have a functioning flash for my SFXn. Yay.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

danofmk

Link Posted 12/01/2021 - 14:03
Benz3ne wrote:
The Ensinor 24mm f/2.8, kindly received in prompt and safe fashion from Danofmk.
Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the Sigma Super-Wide ii 24mm f/2.8 that is currently in my arsenal...
In other news, I might be making a few de-acquisitions before too long. I've firmly placed my eye on a 3rd-party, natively-mounted lens for my Sony body as well as hoping to scale back on lenses, as there are many I simply don't use (much to the approval of SWMBO)...

It's always done well for me, but I've never really been a pixel peeper. On a pound for pound basis it ought to be a solid performer.

Let us know how you find it. On the 'tests' I did on film it had more saturation than the Miranda 24mm

womble

Link Posted 12/01/2021 - 14:31
womble wrote:
Just taken delivery of a 04 Toy Wide lens for my Q/QS-1. Not being a completist (where is the Pinocchio emoji?) I don't have the 08 wide telephoto... yet.

Finally, I can post photos again...

Dec 18: 04 toy lens par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear

My website

LennyBloke

Link Posted 12/01/2021 - 15:58
Is there an "ignore" button I can use for David His sole aim seems to be to tempt me into spending money
LennyBloke

womble

Link Posted 12/01/2021 - 16:14
LennyBloke wrote:
Is there an "ignore" button I can use for David His sole aim seems to be to tempt me into spending money

You can talk!
Kris Lockyear

My website

LennyBloke

Link Posted 12/01/2021 - 16:16
womble wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:

You can talk!

Guilty as charged
LennyBloke

Benz3ne

Link Posted 12/01/2021 - 16:29
LennyBloke wrote:

Guilty as charged

I was considering putting some lenses up for sale to raise funds for other purchases...
...of the 9 lenses I'm considering offloading, 7 of them came from you.
I'm sure a significant proportion of the remainder were once yours also...

HarisF1

Link Posted 12/01/2021 - 17:30
I got myself a 17-70 SDM to have a play with. I'm looking to sort out the ailing SDM mechanism so whenever I get around to it I'll add a few updates.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 13/01/2021 - 01:05
The pencil eraser trick works with the *ist series battery contacts too. They can look really shiny but they actually have a layer of insulating muck on them. I've brought two back to life that way.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.