What's your latest acquisition?


Aitch53

Link Posted 15/12/2020 - 18:24
Four pairs of briefs and five pairs of socks - 30% off in Debenhams closing down sale.
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 23/12/2020 - 14:58
A Mamiya-Sekor 55mm f/1.4, M42 mount in utterly pristine condition. Not a mark on it, everything turns superbly, and all at a decent price.

pschlute

Link Posted 23/12/2020 - 23:30
Benz3ne wrote:
Not a mark on it, everything turns superbly, and all at a decent price.

Same as SteveH's purchase I hope
Peter



My Flickr page

K10D

Link Posted 24/12/2020 - 07:13
pschlute wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:
Not a mark on it, everything turns superbly, and all at a decent price.

Same as SteveH's purchase I hope

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 24/12/2020 - 08:49
Yesterday I received a Z1 with a 28-80mm power zoom on it. The zoom will be sold off, I wanted the camera as I already have a Z1 and wanted a backup. It has the same missing bit of plastic just in front of the battery door so I'm guessing that's a common thing, though not a problem at all.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

LennyBloke

Link Posted 24/12/2020 - 09:59
I've had a major elapse over the last few weeks - having convinced myself I wasn't going to have film cameras any more I've bought an LX and a black MX, both in beautiful condition and expensive because of it (but seals replacement, foam, CLA, etc. required due to age) - I've also got hold of a Jupiter 21 200mm f4 (I blame you David ) - all this staying away from people has meant too much time online, it's costing me too much

But at least I'm not agonising over whether to go for that A*200 Macro like I suspect a few of you are
LennyBloke

Aitch53

Link Posted 24/12/2020 - 10:42
pschlute wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:
Not a mark on it, everything turns superbly, and all at a decent price.

Same as SteveH's purchase I hope


SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

pschlute

Link Posted 24/12/2020 - 12:07
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
Yesterday I received a Z1 with a 28-80mm power zoom on it. The zoom will be sold off, I wanted the camera as I already have a Z1 and wanted a backup. It has the same missing bit of plastic just in front of the battery door so I'm guessing that's a common thing, though not a problem at all.

That was the Z1 kit I had from new around 1991. I still have the Z1 but the mirror is jammed. I bought a second one which I have used recently. both have the battery door issue. The lens was never highly regarded although the power zoom was novel. The buttons eventually fell off mine.
Peter



My Flickr page

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 25/12/2020 - 09:13
pschlute wrote:
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
Yesterday I received a Z1 with a 28-80mm power zoom on it. The zoom will be sold off, I wanted the camera as I already have a Z1 and wanted a backup. It has the same missing bit of plastic just in front of the battery door so I'm guessing that's a common thing, though not a problem at all.

That was the Z1 kit I had from new around 1991. I still have the Z1 but the mirror is jammed. I bought a second one which I have used recently. both have the battery door issue. The lens was never highly regarded although the power zoom was novel. The buttons eventually fell off mine.

I suppose the power zoom would be OK if it weren't for the fact that the motor is very noisy. Combine that with the noisy focusing motor and you'd be making a right racket every time you take a photo. There are a couple of buttons on the barrel (one push button, one switch) that I don't know the purpose of. I need to look into that to see if they're broken or not. I'm not sure if anyone will want the lens but I certainly don't so I'll put it up for sale super cheap and hope someone goes for it.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

womble

Link Posted 25/12/2020 - 10:37
LennyBloke wrote:
But at least I'm not agonising over whether to go for that A*200 Macro like I suspect a few of you are

I can't find the grinding teeth grimace emoji...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Mike-P

Link Posted 25/12/2020 - 23:26
Canon 7D MKII
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

leep

Link Posted 26/12/2020 - 10:32
A Nikon Lens cap
Actually I found it in a park and it fits my FA 31Ltd perfectly!

roberrl

Link Posted 26/12/2020 - 12:15
A Panasonic TZ90, actually it's for the wife as her previous Panasonic P'n'S has died.
The capabilities of this device mean that my DSLR journey is coming to an end, not quite yet but the writing is on the wall.
The in-camera facilities are truly amazing - not that it was bought for these functions but they do encourage me at least
to step back and wonder if I really need to lug round a big body/lenses to achieve what I want.

pschlute

Link Posted 26/12/2020 - 12:59
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
There are a couple of buttons on the barrel (one push button, one switch) that I don't know the purpose of. I need to look into that to see if they're broken or not.

There were two functions. The push button could be configured so it would quickly set the lens at a pre-programmed FL

A second function was "image tracking size". When in this mode, if tracking a moving subject in AF-C, not only would the camera continually adjust the AF, but it would do the same for the FL to keep the subject at the same image size in the viewfinder.

I don't think the power zoom features work at all with modern DSLRs
Peter



My Flickr page

SMOKE665

Link Posted 10/01/2021 - 19:11
I've been pondering and salivating over the HD - D FA* 70-200mm f/2.8 ED DC For several months now. Finally saved my pennies (and dollars) until I could get one, just came in last week. The weather has been so crappy that I haven't ventured out much, to try it out.

My initial reaction on receiving was OMG IT'S REALLY BIG AND HEAVY. I'd read the reviews that all said this, but looking at a picture, and seeing it up close in hand is a whole different experience. It literally dwarfs the K1MII. I only ventured out to snap a couple test shots to verify all was good. Looks to be sharp even wide open. Focus acquisition is fast and quiet. Colors seem to really pop. One thing that I don't know if it was a fluke or there's an issue, but I had some CA on a couple shots. Hopefully the weather will warm up enough that I can get out this week for some more thorough testing.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.