What's your latest acquisition?

Mike-P

Link Posted 14/11/2020 - 11:35
Sold 9 Pentax lenses on Ebay last week (most of my APS-C glass and a few older ones) ... still got a few to go although I am keeping the high end full frame stuff for the K-1.

I have said that I won't buy anymore Pentax glass as they aren't bringing out any bodies that interest me but I see Laowa have just announced their 100mm f/2.8 x2 macro in Pentax mount which has got me reaching for my Paypal pot of money.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

johnriley

Link Posted 14/11/2020 - 11:46
It looks very tempting!
Best regards, John

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 14/11/2020 - 11:49
Was it you selling this

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Mike-P

Link Posted 14/11/2020 - 12:38
cardiffgareth wrote:
Was it you selling this

Not me Garerth, I don't give my lenses away for nothing. It's people like that who devalue Pentax equipment so much that others have sell it for a lot less than it's real worth.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

womble

Link Posted 14/11/2020 - 13:20
Mike-P wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:
Was it you selling this

Not me Garerth, I don't give my lenses away for nothing. It's people like that who devalue Pentax equipment so much that others have sell it for a lot less than it's real worth.

They had to make enough to cover the free postage...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

JAK

Link Posted 16/11/2020 - 01:46
cardiffgareth wrote:
Was it you selling this

Everything that seller has listed seem to be at highly overinflated prices. Makes no sense at all.
John K

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 16/11/2020 - 08:04
JAK wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:
Was it you selling this

Everything that seller has listed seem to be at highly overinflated prices. Makes no sense at all.

What, like this one also!

If the seller sells these, I'm selling up
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 16/11/2020 - 11:21
Perhaps on the basis that if he posts enough there will be some idiot who bites. In the same way that many online scams work: they may be obvious to many but some people will bite.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

K10D

Link Posted 17/11/2020 - 14:58
K10D wrote:
Just bought a Pentax-FA 645 120mm F4 MACRO for the Z & 645N II. SRS will be sorting out delivery.

and the lens arrived today. SRS pack goods better than any company I've seen. Stellar service! A+++++

LennyBloke

Link Posted 17/11/2020 - 15:23
K10D wrote:
K10D wrote:
Just bought a Pentax-FA 645 120mm F4 MACRO for the Z & 645N II. SRS will be sorting out delivery.

and the lens arrived today. SRS pack goods better than any company I've seen. Stellar service! A+++++

Agree about SRS service - and you're in for a treat with that lens. I've owned both the A and FA versions and the results on a 645N were top notch - looking forward to seeing some Digital offerings
LennyBloke

K10D

Link Posted 18/11/2020 - 09:04
LennyBloke wrote:
K10D wrote:
Quote:

Agree about SRS service - and you're in for a treat with that lens. I've owned both the A and FA versions and the results on a 645N were top notch - looking forward to seeing some Digital offerings

So no pressure there then

womble

Link Posted 21/11/2020 - 16:39
My Kershaw Raven (see a couple of pages back) has just come back from having new bellows fitted, the lenses cleaned and the shutter serviced. I loaded a roll of Ilford Delta 400 and will use the roll up tomorrow so I can send it off to be developed on Monday. At only eight frames per roll, it shouldn't be too difficult!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Benz3ne

Link Posted 21/11/2020 - 17:07
womble wrote:
My Kershaw Raven (see a couple of pages back) has just come back from having new bellows fitted, the lenses cleaned and the shutter serviced. I loaded a roll of Ilford Delta 400 and will use the roll up tomorrow so I can send it off to be developed on Monday. At only eight frames per roll, it shouldn't be too difficult!

Can’t wait to see the results!

I’ve just received a quote for two MX’s to have full services. They’ve apparently been neglected, service-wise, so will be as full a service as they come but they’re internally great and aesthetically great, not been meddled with and will be great cameras when they return. The quote reads a little high but will definitely be worthwhile.
Work being carried out by Asahi Photo and should be returned shortly after 7-10 working days.
I’ll be keeping them both as infinitum, one for Colour rolls and one for B&W.
If the quote was a little cheaper I’d probably have gone for a film scanner or developing hardware alongside them but that can wait.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.