What's your latest acquisition?

womble

Link Posted 04/09/2020 - 14:02
I seem to have been on a bit of a spree of luck in my K-series lens quest. I found the elusive K150/4 for sale at a sane price in Japan, and even with the postage/tax/fee it was a reasonable price.

SMC Pentax "K" 150mm f/4 (1) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

SMC Pentax "K" 150mm f/4 (2) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/09/2020 - 14:27
womble wrote:
I seem to have been on a bit of a spree of luck in my K-series lens quest. I found the elusive K150/4 for sale at a sane price in Japan, and even with the postage/tax/fee it was a reasonable price.

SMC Pentax "K" 150mm f/4 (1) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

SMC Pentax "K" 150mm f/4 (2) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Now that is a nice (and rare) lens
LennyBloke

womble

Link Posted 04/09/2020 - 14:39
LennyBloke wrote:
Now that is a nice (and rare) lens

Certainly took long enough to find one...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

HarisF1

Link Posted 04/09/2020 - 15:48
The old K series lenses all look brilliant, a proper classic yet timeless design.

womble

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 17:35
Not Pentax but the photos were taken using a K-3 with a K50/4 macro and using a Pentax Focus Rail III so I think it counts (and it is a fun story anyway!).

I have a soft spot for folding cameras. I have an Agfa Isolette II and a Zeiss Ikon Nettar 518/16 that I used regularly (both bought in charity shops for a few pounds). I recently spotted a Kershaw Raven folding camera on that website going for not too much so I put in the minimum bid, and won it. It is a 6x9cm folder taking 120 film made in Britain in about 1947.

Raven (1) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Raven (2) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Raven (3) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

The main thing to check with old folders is for pinholes in the bellows. Before I could do that, however, I had to remove the film that I found loaded in it! I used a dark-bag and carefully removed the film, rewinding it as it was hardly used. Imagine my surprise that the film has an expiry date stamped on the sticky strip: 22 May 1963!

Raven (4) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Raven (5) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Sadly, the bellows do have pinholes so I'll have to do some work on it before I can use it.
Kris Lockyear

My website

jeallen01

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 21:19
An HD 1.4 WD converter is on its way from a UK ebay seller for £240 - was an "experimental" offer that I didn't expect to be accepted, but it was!

Hopefully it'll a "good 'un" and I'll try it out with, mainly, the 55-300 PLM to see if it will actually be "useful" with that lens - reports on that on the US forum are somewhat "contradictory" !

Otherwise, it'll be back on sale ("here and elsewhere"), and I hopefully get back most of the purchase price (??).
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

jeallen01

Link Posted 21/09/2020 - 22:53
OOPS, a "typo"! - that "WD" converter is a "WR"
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

LennyBloke

Link Posted 22/09/2020 - 15:04
jeallen01 wrote:
OOPS, a "typo"! - that "WD" converter is a "WR"

Best quality APS-C specific converter I've used, you'll enjoy it - but if it arrives with "WD" on the side it might be a fake

I'd quite like Ricoh to release a Full-Frame version (as would many others I suspect)
LennyBloke

jeallen01

Link Posted 22/09/2020 - 15:48
"Double OOPS" - "WR" should have read "AW" (late last evening comment )
- it actually arrived today (overnight!) and does look genuine, including red seal on the rear of the unit, and in V.G.C (no internal dust or fungus)
- Markings on the side are: "HD PENTAX-DA 1.4X AW" and then "AF REAR CONVERTER"
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 22/09/2020 - 15:50
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.