What's your latest acquisition?

HarisF1

Link Posted 03/02/2020 - 11:44
This purcharse could be a massive bargain - I picked up a Pentax F 17-28mm for just over £20. It's got a loose front element with a few marks so it'll be interested to see whether it can be sorted out.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 03/03/2020 - 09:42
A Tenpa 1.22x magnifying eyepiece. Contrary to the ~£100 they seem to fetch here in the UK, I purchased this lightly used one for around £40. Thereafter I can decide whether I'll keep this or the O-ME53. Given the reports of quality, I'm guessing the Tenpa will stay.

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 08/03/2020 - 19:12
Buyer accepted my £30 offer Let's hope the optics are clear

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Helpful

johnha

Link Posted 09/03/2020 - 21:32
cardiffgareth wrote:
Buyer accepted my £30 offer Let's hope the optics are clear

Nice deal, worth running a film through the camera, see it the rest of it works...
PPG Flickr

davidwozhere

Link Posted 10/03/2020 - 23:41
I found a near mint Pentacon f4 300mm (with both caps). These are heavy and often knocked about as a result. This one is from the final series made in the 1990s just before Meyer Optik that was went bust. It's going to take a while to get to grips with!

The coatings and the superb 19 blade iris are unblemished.

Some initial shots with it are in a thread of its own to save clutter here.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 11/03/2020 - 18:50
Camera and lens arrived today. Heart sank when I saw the state of the optics as I thought they were going to be shocking but after a clean up of the front and rear they're lovely and clear and only dust in there.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 11/03/2020 - 22:29
Yesterday I picked up this lightly used silver Made In Japan FA 43mm Limited. So for it's performing very well on my K-3 but I plan to use it on film too, starting with the roll of Fuji Natura that's in my Z1.

IMG7268a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

I also got a new bottle of Ilfosol 3 as I have a sizeable backlog of B&W film waiting to be developed and my previous bottle was well and truly off. No idea when I'll get to the developing part but well....

And today I bought one of the 28mm f/3.5 Takumars that Lennybloke was selling. Up until now, my 28mm M42 mount lens is a Cosina without an A/M switch so on digital I can only use it wide open, where it performs poorly, so I never really use it. I'm sure the Tak will be far better.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

HarisF1

Link Posted 18/03/2020 - 23:00
I bought an MX-1 after I read that it has the same sensor as the Q7 and Q-S1. At the moment the size is a tiny bit off-putting compared to the Q7 so I might have to get used to it. I'm also finding it hard to adjust to not using my left hand to zoom

womble

Link Posted 19/03/2020 - 07:08
I bought a Auto-Tak 55mm f/2.2 with a non-functioning aperture mechanism from Lennybloke for my SV. Alan Marlow got it all up and running again. Works beautifully. Almost finished my first roll of Ektar.

Pentax SV par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

LennyBloke

Link Posted 19/03/2020 - 08:29
womble wrote:
I bought a Auto-Tak 55mm f/2.2 with a non-functioning aperture mechanism from Lennybloke for my SV. Alan Marlow got it all up and running again. Works beautifully. Almost finished my first roll of Ektar.

Pentax SV par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Is the church in the background where that perfectly matched couple got married

Glad the repair worked out
LennyBloke

HarisF1

Link Posted 19/03/2020 - 16:00
I had a pop at a lead that Gareth shared on these forums and was successful in buying a job lot of cameras/lenses. The diamond in the rough was the F 1.7x TC that came attached to a 300mm lens. It has fungus but I'm confident a clean would make it into a nice and cost effective user item.

The rest of the kit is of mixed condition with one or two bits possibly not having fungus contamination. The carry bag smells musty so it's clear this stuff hasn't seen much use. There's a nice little Tamron PKA Adaptall mount which might help me recoup some value too.

womble

Link Posted 19/03/2020 - 16:14
LennyBloke wrote:

Is the church in the background where that perfectly matched couple got married

Glad the repair worked out

I doubt it! I'm glad it worked out too. The lens makes the SV a really nice camera to use. It snaps into focus surprisingly easily.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

prsjnb

Link Posted 24/03/2020 - 22:01
Despite having three different tripods, two monopods and a variety of heads, including a LensMaster Gimbal RH-2, I've struggled to get the best from my long lenses (Sigma 100-300 f4 +/- 1,4x Ex DG TC and a recently acquired Pentax-A 400mm f/5.6) in the field, due either to poor technique (monopods) or my increasing reluctance to set forth encumbered by the dead weight of any of combination of tripod and full gimbal head. Recently, however, I think I may have found a solution in the form of a Three Legged Thing Punks Trent Monopod and DOCZ2 Foot Stabiliser Kit link in combination with a LensMaster RH-M1 Monopod Gimbal Head link:

In practice, and despite relatively few opportunities for use due to current restrictions on movement, the combination has proved a revelation, as I hope is shown by the following two images, both of which were captured using LennyBlokes 'old' SMC Pentax-A 400mm f/5.6 (a veritable bargain; thanks John

K3; 1/200 sec at f/8, ISO 1600

K3; 1/200 sec at f/11, ISO 800

Note that both images are 'in camera' JPEGs, rather than those produced from editing the original RAW file, which I prefer, with minimal levels/curves adjustment and noise reduction and no additional sharpening. The extent of cropping of the original can be appreciated by comparison with the actual image, which has been reproduced at 10% of the normal file size.

Portability, even with the camera and lens attached is excellent, allowing for a far greater flexibility in the field. The DOCZ2 Foot Stabiliser is available separately and so could be used with any monopod pre-equipped with a threaded base or to which one has been added, something I plan to do with my Manfrotto CF monopod at some point soon.

prsjnb

Link Posted 25/03/2020 - 13:00
SMC Pentax-DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM

Bought from the originator of this thread (HarisF1). Cracking lens, sharp (once AF fine adjusted), good contrast and with wonderful colour rendition. Early examples of JPEGs straight from the camera. Those of the bursting sweet chestnut buds photographed against the sky cropped but otherwise unedited. That of my youngest cropped following modest noise reduction, global/selective levels and curves adjustments and the merest hint of added sharpening to the subjects face.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 25/03/2020 - 13:16
prsjnb wrote:
...... LennyBlokes 'old' SMC Pentax-A 400mm f/5.6 (a veritable bargain; thanks John

Cheers John - I'm glad it's getting the use it deserves at last
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.