What's your latest acquisition?

JAK

Link Posted 14/01/2020 - 12:01
Benz3ne wrote:

Ooh... my care package has arrived! Plenty of heft to this box. Will have to inspect and lay out everything in photos for y'all later.
Have already had a quick look; everything looks pretty serviceable. One or two little niggles but for the price paid, I'm happy.

Didn't appreciate Social Services were able to supply those, and that with budget cutbacks etc !
John K

Benz3ne

Link Posted 14/01/2020 - 12:07
JAK wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:

Ooh... my care package has arrived! Plenty of heft to this box. Will have to inspect and lay out everything in photos for y'all later.
Have already had a quick look; everything looks pretty serviceable. One or two little niggles but for the price paid, I'm happy.

Didn't appreciate Social Services were able to supply those, and that with budget cutbacks etc !

Haha, that gave me a chuckle. Fortunately, I do pay my taxes, and this with my hard-earned!

Benz3ne

Link Posted 14/01/2020 - 12:51
Benz3ne wrote:

For those who might struggle to see what's there it comprises of:
2x ME Super (look a bit rough 'n' ready but everything feels tight, not much corrosion anywhere, looks as though they've both had new mirror seals, but not body seals (which I will change). Shutters fire, winders work as anticipated. Need to try with batteries shortly but looks good so far!

Bombarding with updates, sorry, but just a quick one to say that batteries have sprung the ME Supers into life. Manual mode works with both also! Winner.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 14/01/2020 - 12:51

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 14/01/2020 - 13:32
My latest acquisition is on a YouTube video

https://youtu.be/XaDCv2ETqVM
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Benz3ne

Link Posted 14/01/2020 - 14:39
cardiffgareth wrote:

Sweet deal you got there! Not that I'd know where to begin with them, mind you...

RobL

Link Posted 14/01/2020 - 15:59
Benz3ne wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:

Okay, so I got around to this sooner than anticipated! Below you'll find the haul!

For those who might struggle to see what's there it comprises of:
2x ME Super (look a bit rough 'n' ready but everything feels tight, not much corrosion anywhere, looks as though they've both had new mirror seals, but not body seals (which I will change). Shutters fire, winders work as anticipated. Need to try with batteries shortly but looks good so far!
Kiron 28mm f/2. Sounds as though the spring for the 'A' setting button has come loose, and there's a little corrosion to the 'A' button itself. No worries, once it's in place I won't need to tinker with it anyway, at least on my K-70. Exceptionally clean looking. Can hear something tinkling around when moving this lens, which is probably the spring for the pin! Focus is smooth, however.
Bell and Howell 70-220mm and 2x TC. TC looks good, zoom unfortunately has a fair amount of lens separation so will be donated elsewhere. TC looks in good working order.
SMC-M 50mm f/1.7. Unfortunately a reasonable amount of fungus in there at a glance, albeit light. I'll look to dismantle and repair this one and, all going well, may extend to try and salvage the A pin on the Kiron. Feels nice though, everything is smooth.
Bell and Howell flash. Curious to try this more than anything, has some colour filters and a 'wide angle adapter' so will probably give it a whirl.
Cokin 58mm (I think) adapter and a couple of filters. Not sure what the clear one is about just yet so I'll do some digging. The 'blue' one could perhaps be an ND? Not sure, outside my knowledge-set!
Weston Master V light meter. Interested to try this out, probably won't keep but you never know!
Couple of other odds-and-sods, including a blower brush, rubber lens hood, Kodak 'film pod', few cases total (one older looking Pentax leather with a nice looking purple velvet interior).
Manuals for practically everything here, less the lenses!

That Westonmaster looks in nice condition, I bet it hasnít been used much. Sometimes the selenium cell needs replacing but there are people who will do that.

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 15/01/2020 - 07:40
A Kiron 28/2 with A mode is rare indeed. I have the non-A version and it's a good performer and a pleasure to use.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Benz3ne

Link Posted 15/01/2020 - 08:09
RobL wrote:

That Westonmaster looks in nice condition, I bet it hasnít been used much. Sometimes the selenium cell needs replacing but there are people who will do that.

I'll see what it's up to at some point today, not sure when! It may be surplus to requirements for me but I won't know until I've given it a go!

Jonathan-Mac wrote:
A Kiron 28/2 with A mode is rare indeed. I have the non-A version and it's a good performer and a pleasure to use.

This and the two camera bodies were the main drivers for me purchasing the lot. Definitely made it a worthwhile acquisition for me, even if it's got the niggle of lack of 'spring' in the A button.

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 15/01/2020 - 08:44
Benz3ne wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:

Sweet deal you got there! Not that I'd know where to begin with them, mind you...

Landscape filters, although some are copies of what I've got already so soon to be sold on! Anyone after a Firecrest 100mm filter holder system with Firecrest circular polariser
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

womble

Link Posted 15/01/2020 - 15:31

auto 110 adaptor par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

110 to Q adaptor par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

All I need now is some appropriate diameter rubber washers to act as a aperture diaphragm. (The 110 has the aperture in the body, not the lens, but the lenses are far better stopped down a bit rather than wide open.)

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

HarisF1

Link Posted 15/01/2020 - 18:12
womble wrote:
All I need now is some appropriate diameter rubber washers to act as a aperture diaphragm. (The 110 has the aperture in the body, not the lens, but the lenses are far better stopped down a bit rather than wide open.)

I've bought myself a cream leather Q-S1. I just hope it is in as good condition as yours seems to be. Keep us posted regarding the diaphragms.
Last Edited by HarisF1 on 15/01/2020 - 18:12

Benz3ne

Link Posted 16/01/2020 - 14:58
After much discussion with the time and knowledge-generous HarisF1, I've procured a lens spanner and Engineer DM-30 flat-head screwdrivers. Should also be receiving a set of JIS screwdrivers tomorrow.

I'll probably purchase a set of rubber ring-removal tools, too, so I'll be set to look at repairing a couple of lenses I have at my disposal!

Haris suggested I start a thread of 'what to buy and where', which I'll do shortly after buying a couple more items!

Helpful

Benz3ne

Link Posted 22/01/2020 - 09:07

A beast. Considerably larger than the K-70, but not uncomfortably so. Funded by the sale of the K-70, 18-135mm and 55-300mm PLM. Though the latter of the lenses had the most use between them, I was never absolutely certain when using it, so it is better with someone else. The 18-135mm is a lovely example so should make the buyer happy.

A hankering for full-frame got the better of me! My current crop of lenses are so much wider! An interesting change in perspective but I'll become quickly accustomed to it, I'm sure.

Just need to keep my eyes peeled for a D-FA 28-105mm at a stupidly low price now.

Edit: It has 45,000 actuations but was a steal and is rugged enough to take that in its stride, along with the few photos I'll put on it intermittently. Looks as though it's had an unmodified Sigma lens attached at some point (doesn't bother me) but everything else is pristine really. No scratches or dusts on the mirror or sensor, no scratches on either screen. Joio.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 22/01/2020 - 09:10

Helpful

RobL

Link Posted 25/01/2020 - 11:40
A Wacom tablet, coming next week. Last November the fingers of my right hand got squashed when the car boot closed when it should have opened, my own silly fault I had been messing with the soft close setting. Anyhow, no permanent damage I think but as I use a mouse all day the middle finger hasn't recovered fully yet and is still sore, seeing as it gets used for scrolling. So I have ordered a tablet in the hope that holding a smart pen will give it some relief; I was going for a medium size one from PC World but then found a pro version on Amazon for very little more (£207 against £289 or £325 elsewhere) from their "used - as new" warehouse with just damaged packaging apparently.

Does anyone use one of these? I suspect it will take a while to get into it as the mouse controls have become so ingrained my hand performs tasks without me even thinking about how it's done, but we shall see.

ronniemac

Link Posted 26/01/2020 - 00:28
Womble / Kris. For a full set of aperture washers which will fit perfectly into your adapter, treat yourself to a set of Lensbaby Apertture Disks:
Тhe 'Lеnѕbаbу Rерlасеmеnt Маgnеtіс Ареrturе Ѕеt іnсludеѕ thе mаgnеtіс wаnd ареrturе rеmоvаl tооl аnd, ѕесurеlу hеld іn thеіr саrrуіng саѕе, thе mаgnеtісаllу lеvіtаtіng ареrturе dіѕkѕ уоu nееd tо асhіеvе f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16, аnd f/22 ареrturе ѕеttіngѕ' from Wex
Natty little things they are and for just £8
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.