What's your latest acquisition?

Benz3ne

Link Posted 03/12/2019 - 11:57
davidtrout wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:
Quote:
Today a brand new Pentax K70 arrived to replace my recently defunct blue K30 which has given me some excellent pictures since I bought it in, I think, 2012. Got the K70 from SRS in an astonishing Black Friday deal and tomorrow it will get its first outing.
David

As a fellow K-70 user Iím looking forward to seeing your snaps! Shame about the K-30, aperture failure perhaps?

Its nothing mechanical, the shutter seems to work ok, but it produced pictures that are almost totally black. I reckon its under exposing by at least 3-4 stops. I tried using the exposure compensation accordingly but the pictures were very poor, something in the sensor department I think. But unlike some PUF members who bought K30s when they were first introduced it never let me down until now.
David

Sounds like the aperture solenoid failure to me! Plenty of reports about it. it appears itís something of a lottery as to when it happens!

davidruane

Link Posted 03/12/2019 - 13:43
And now I`ve just taken delivery of a K1-ii..... I held off hoping I`d get a decent deal over either the Pentax-Ricoh centenary or Black Friday... Nothing here on the centenary but thanks to a very persistent young salesman, I got a good deal on the camera...

What's next ?
Today is a great day - they always are if you wake up

Aitch53

Link Posted 03/12/2019 - 14:41
A Fotga four-thirds to micro-four-thirds adapter. It won't get used much, I just wanted to see how my old Lumix 14-50mm four-thirds kit lens would work on my G5. Quite well, it turned out, but the combination is too unwieldy for regular use - the lens weighs more than the body and it's definitely not a well balanced combo!
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

womble

Link Posted 03/12/2019 - 23:28

K18 3.5 par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Another K series lens to my arsenal....

Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

HarisF1

Link Posted 03/12/2019 - 23:53
Let me know what you think of it!!

Benz3ne

Link Posted 10/12/2019 - 18:15
Not an acquisition but a ranting. Quick look online saw me find a well priced, immaculate ME Super for good money (£39+p&p) at a vendor who claims theyíre all tested, with 6 month warranty, but had to hurry off from work. No matter, Iíll buy it as soon as I get home... Check as soon as I returned back to my humble abode, out of stock.

Bock and Collocks. Frustrated.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 10/12/2019 - 18:16

davidwozhere

Link Posted 22/12/2019 - 00:44
I just got a really nice 55BB Tamron SP 500mm mirror lens, boxed, cased, with all the paperwork. But for a very little dust inside it you'd think it was mint. Most people would point it at distant scenes I suppose but I stuck it onto the K1 on a tripod about 6 feet away from some tiny toadstools no taller than half an inch. Available light was absolutely dismal but the results, first try out of the box, were marvelous. Can't wait for some decent light!

First one 6seconds and the last 10seconds ISO100. It's a fixed aperture of f8.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

reso

Link Posted 22/12/2019 - 14:28
a very sharp fa* 300

both taken through the bedroom window
k5iis tamron 17-50 2.8 pentax 17-70 f4 sigma 18-125 hsm pentax 28-80 faj sigma 50-200 hsm os tokina af 70-210
sigma 50-500 apo dg os kenko 1.5 pz af 1.5 tele tamron pz af 2.0 tele and a flash
pentax *ist film camera

Billdad

Link Posted 31/12/2019 - 10:52
I have heard so much about the Ricoh GR mk.2, I have purchase one which is 3 months old. Looking forward to capturing some nice images and evaluating if the praise is justified.
would like to hear from members who own or have used one and their thoughts

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 07/01/2020 - 13:53
Picked up these this morning although the N1 trigger will be going for an xpro

Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

davidwozhere

Link Posted 08/01/2020 - 01:55
I'm quite pleased with the Adaptall 500mm mirror lens I recently acquired. I've had it outside in the garden on a tripod now and it performs well.

Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Benz3ne

Link Posted 08/01/2020 - 14:23
The White Pentax Nylon bag that everyone will be sporting! Ordered yesterday, arrived today for the grand total (postage included) of £4... with a penny change. Unbelievable service.
Also, a set of 8 'anti-static' tweezers from Amazon in order to aid me changing seals on a recently procured MX (a steal) and to aid in changing seals on the other item received today, as below.
A Pentax ME Super - sold as spares but with the winder working, shutter firing and no stuck mirror... I thought it worth a punt for the sub £20 I paid, batteries should've arrived today for me to check the metering but they have not... I might order a set from Amazon with their one-day delivery just to safeguard trying it sooner rather than later. Seals from Jon Goodman should be arriving soon as the MX ones arrived yesterday! ME Super is a little dinked and rusty in a couple of places but viewfinder is clear, seals are relatively intact, everything moves smoothly as it should, just a tad grubby (and therefore not an issue)!

Benz3ne

Link Posted 12/01/2020 - 15:25
Benz3ne wrote:

A Pentax ME Super - sold as spares but with the winder working, shutter firing and no stuck mirror... I thought it worth a punt for the sub £20 I paid, batteries should've arrived today for me to check the metering but they have not...

Batteries arrived, camera cleaned up with isopropyl alcohol and naphtha, batteries in... camera works! Meter all works correctly, auto mode works, manual mode works, sweet! Seals hadnít arrived by end of last week so should arrive this week and can subsequently be changed.

In other news, Iíve got a job lot of stuff heading to me this week. Iíll likely be passing some stuff on to recuperate a little of the funds but looks as though thereís some decent stuff in there. Will update when it arrives!

Benz3ne

Link Posted 14/01/2020 - 10:55

Ooh... my care package has arrived! Plenty of heft to this box. Will have to inspect and lay out everything in photos for y'all later.
Have already had a quick look; everything looks pretty serviceable. One or two little niggles but for the price paid, I'm happy.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 14/01/2020 - 11:52
Benz3ne wrote:

Ooh... my care package has arrived! Plenty of heft to this box. Will have to inspect and lay out everything in photos for y'all later.
Have already had a quick look; everything looks pretty serviceable. One or two little niggles but for the price paid, I'm happy.

Okay, so I got around to this sooner than anticipated! Below you'll find the haul!

For those who might struggle to see what's there it comprises of:
2x ME Super (look a bit rough 'n' ready but everything feels tight, not much corrosion anywhere, looks as though they've both had new mirror seals, but not body seals (which I will change). Shutters fire, winders work as anticipated. Need to try with batteries shortly but looks good so far!
Kiron 28mm f/2. Sounds as though the spring for the 'A' setting button has come loose, and there's a little corrosion to the 'A' button itself. No worries, once it's in place I won't need to tinker with it anyway, at least on my K-70. Exceptionally clean looking. Can hear something tinkling around when moving this lens, which is probably the spring for the pin! Focus is smooth, however.
Bell and Howell 70-220mm and 2x TC. TC looks good, zoom unfortunately has a fair amount of lens separation so will be donated elsewhere. TC looks in good working order.
SMC-M 50mm f/1.7. Unfortunately a reasonable amount of fungus in there at a glance, albeit light. I'll look to dismantle and repair this one and, all going well, may extend to try and salvage the A pin on the Kiron. Feels nice though, everything is smooth.
Bell and Howell flash. Curious to try this more than anything, has some colour filters and a 'wide angle adapter' so will probably give it a whirl.
Cokin 58mm (I think) adapter and a couple of filters. Not sure what the clear one is about just yet so I'll do some digging. The 'blue' one could perhaps be an ND? Not sure, outside my knowledge-set!
Weston Master V light meter. Interested to try this out, probably won't keep but you never know!
Couple of other odds-and-sods, including a blower brush, rubber lens hood, Kodak 'film pod', few cases total (one older looking Pentax leather with a nice looking purple velvet interior).
Manuals for practically everything here, less the lenses!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.