What's your latest acquisition?

Benz3ne

Link Posted 27/11/2019 - 16:10
bforbes wrote:
At one time we had a member on here who had the Sigma AF Superwide II almost permanently attached. Can't think of his name- possibly from the Netherlands - possibly switched to Fuji. Anyway his images persuaded me to get one.

From my very brief outing with it, I can sort of understand why. It's a nice compact lens, good heft, good FOV and reasonably close focus which makes it a solid all-rounder in my opinion! Really looking forward to getting some air-time with it.

HarisF1

Link Posted 27/11/2019 - 16:55
Latest acquisitions - a Pentax FA 50mm Macro (had the D-FA before, stunning optics)

And slightly off-topic about the Sigma, it was my favorite lens at one point:

Very characteristic and interesting flare patterns, whingers have a lot to say about stuff like this but what do they know about character?

Benz3ne

Link Posted 28/11/2019 - 09:14
Benz3ne wrote:

The second lens, as sold to me kindly by a Sir. LennyBloke, is the Voigtlander Ultron SL-ii 40mm f/2 - I've looked into this and there was no SL-i, and the writing on the face plate, along with everything else, is indicative of the SL-ii! Is it a beauty to look at and even more beautiful to hold and use. It produces beautiful images with beautiful micro-contrast and beautiful sharpness across the board... safe to say, it exudes beauty. Completely smitten with this purchase, and unfortunately I now want more than 1 'Voigt'!

Who needs two kidneys anyway?

Why not use one new lens to take a photo of another? Snapped with the K-70 and Sigma Super-Wide ii, 24mm f/2.8 on a Moman mini tripod.
She's lush.

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 28/11/2019 - 12:07
bforbes wrote:
At one time we had a member on here who had the Sigma AF Superwide II almost permanently attached. Can't think of his name- possibly from the Netherlands - possibly switched to Fuji. Anyway his images persuaded me to get one.

The Sigma 24/2.8 is a very nice lens and the flare is decent for artistic use. I started with the MF version which I sold when I got the AF one, but I miss the MF as it was much nicer to use and I think also smaller and lighter. Plus, the AF on this lens makes a right racket. I have the EF-mount version too and it's the same.

My recent acquisitions, though not sure when I last posted here:

K 35/3.5 - I already have one but for £30 posted I couldn't pass up a second copy.

Vivitar (Tokina) 17mm f/3.5 - Bought on this forum for a fair bit less than the Tokina-branded version goes for. Increases my widest lens for film by 2mm so this will be fun.

K 135mm f/2.5 - I just sold my in-need-of-repair copy as I got a good copy for relatively little. I think the shop confused it with the f/3.5 version and priced it accordingly.

Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5. I've wanted something wider than my DA 15mm for a while and this came along at under Ä170 just in time for my birthday. No hood but otherwise in great condition.

DAL 50mm f/1.8. Bought on the forum to temporarily replace the FA 50/1.7 broken by my daughter while it was in for repair, but from the little use I've given it I think I like the DAL more than the FA, so the FA may be sold off. It's intended more for use on AF film cameras than on digital, so I'll need to see where I stand regarding exposure modes on my AF SLRs before I decide.

Not Pentax, but a Fujifilm 18-55mm f/2.8-4. I needed something with AF longer than 35mm and a zoom will be handy. My head told me to get this, but my heart was saying 60mm f/2.4 or 50mm f/2. Sometimes you just have to be practical.

It's a lot but recently I've had very little time for photography and most of what I have done has been with my Fujifilm gear as it's been more suitable. Hopefully over christmas I'll have more time.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Last Edited by Jonathan-Mac on 28/11/2019 - 12:07

Benz3ne

Link Posted 28/11/2019 - 12:26
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
The Sigma 24/2.8 is a very nice lens and the flare is decent for artistic use. I started with the MF version which I sold when I got the AF one, but I miss the MF as it was much nicer to use and I think also smaller and lighter. Plus, the AF on this lens makes a right racket. I have the EF-mount version too and it's the same.

My recent acquisitions, though not sure when I last posted here:

Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5. I've wanted something wider than my DA 15mm for a while and this came along at under Ä170 just in time for my birthday. No hood but otherwise in great condition.

Hopefully over christmas I'll have more time.

I'm strongly considering the 10-20mm f/3.5 too. It'd be an interesting lens to use on the numerous beaches on my doorstep... I'm aware of one at a good price but I'm unsure exactly what sort of condition its in, so have asked the seller a couple more questions...

My Super-Wide is the manual focus version and it's a solid little bit of kit. Very nice to use and a nicely dampened focus as you mentioned.

Hopefully! Busy time for everyone by the look of it - I need to 'get out more' but the rain is the obvious deterrent!

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 08:49
Yesterday I bought the DFA24-70, replacing FA*28-70 and DA*16-50
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

K10D

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 09:56
ilovesaabs wrote:

"the reduction of numbers" algorithm. A fine optic by the way.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

reso

Link Posted 01/12/2019 - 19:42
A pentax Da *200 and a pentax fa 24-90
k5iis sigma 12-24 ex dg tamron 17-50 2.8 sigma 18-125 hsm pentax fa 24-90 tokina af 70-210 pentax da*200 tamron sp 500 kenko pz af dg 1.5 converter and a flash

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 02/12/2019 - 15:47
K10D wrote:
ilovesaabs wrote:

"the reduction of numbers" algorithm. A fine optic by the way.

Best regards

Yes, it is pretty good, just used it at a work event......I thought that the FA* was a tough act to follow but if I can't use filters on it then it's no use unfortunately.
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

steloz

Link Posted 02/12/2019 - 21:32
Today took delivery of Da10-17 lens from srs now need time to use it
K-3. K20D, Pentax 18-55mm AL II, Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax FA 50 F1.4, Pentax 18-135 wr, Pentax-AF 80-200, Pentax DA 55-300, Metz 48

davidtrout

Link Posted 03/12/2019 - 00:00
Today a brand new Pentax K70 arrived to replace my recently defunct blue K30 which has given me some excellent pictures since I bought it in, I think, 2012. Got the K70 from SRS in an astonishing Black Friday deal and tomorrow it will get its first outing.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

Benz3ne

Link Posted 03/12/2019 - 06:49
davidtrout wrote:
Today a brand new Pentax K70 arrived to replace my recently defunct blue K30 which has given me some excellent pictures since I bought it in, I think, 2012. Got the K70 from SRS in an astonishing Black Friday deal and tomorrow it will get its first outing.
David

As a fellow K-70 user Iím looking forward to seeing your snaps! Shame about the K-30, aperture failure perhaps?

bforbes

Link Posted 03/12/2019 - 10:08
davidtrout wrote:
David

Is it a bonny colour?
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

davidtrout

Link Posted 03/12/2019 - 10:35
Benz3ne wrote:
davidtrout wrote:
David

As a fellow K-70 user Iím looking forward to seeing your snaps! Shame about the K-30, aperture failure perhaps?

Its nothing mechanical, the shutter seems to work ok, but it produced pictures that are almost totally black. I reckon its under exposing by at least 3-4 stops. I tried using the exposure compensation accordingly but the pictures were very poor, something in the sensor department I think. But unlike some PUF members who bought K30s when they were first introduced it never let me down until now.
David

davidtrout

Link Posted 03/12/2019 - 10:37
bforbes wrote:
davidtrout wrote:

David

Is it a bonny colour?

No Barrie is plain black this time. I've got to get used to this swivel screen affair now.
David
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.