What's your latest acquisition?

Defragged
Posted 04/11/2019 - 11:24 Link
reso wrote:
A very nice sigma 12-24

The Sigma 12-24 is a gem.

But like the man said, "You'll need a K-1 now!"
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, vintage lenses and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
Benz3ne
Posted 05/11/2019 - 16:03 Link
Excited to receive John's 50mm f/2.8 Macro, and have also capped it with a Moman mini tripod, as directed by Chris. Should be nice for some table-top style macro pics or getting down and dirty with floor-time macro!
HarisF1
Posted 05/11/2019 - 21:56 Link
Moman mini-tripod, might as well have one in the kit!
All the gear with no idea
HarisF1
Posted 06/11/2019 - 22:42 Link
Tell you what guys, I just saw a drop damaged DA* 16-50 go for £27 + pnp on eBay earlier today. Had a reminder around 50 secs before the end and somehow got distracted. My loss is someone's gain - I was considering up to £50 for it!

And the price it sold for will be worth it for the hood alone!
pschlute
Posted 06/11/2019 - 22:58 Link
Hollywood

Comment Image
Benz3ne
Posted 07/11/2019 - 13:46 Link
Benz3ne wrote:
Excited to receive John's 50mm f/2.8 Macro, and have also capped it with a Moman mini tripod, as directed by Chris. Should be nice for some table-top style macro pics or getting down and dirty with floor-time macro!

I believe the lens is currently with my wonderful neighbours, safe and sound no doubt, for me to pick up later!
The Moman mini tripod arrived while I was on my lunch break, so I hurriedly constructed it whilst stuffing my face with left-over, homemade, smoked basa and sweet potato curry, adorned with coriander and red chilli...

...where was I? Yes, it's solid! Really nice little hunk of metal, feels very rigid and sturdy and basically new, complete with a pan-able ballhead. Fantastic for £20 posted!
McBrian
Posted 11/11/2019 - 12:30 Link
The best day backpack I've found so far, I tried the 350 size but the camera compartment was a wee bit on the small side (Amazon is a lot cheaper)
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Benz3ne
Posted 11/11/2019 - 12:40 Link
Two lenses on their way to me... one from this parish, one from an auction site...
Benz3ne
Posted 27/11/2019 - 10:02 Link
Received a Sigma Super-Wide II earlier. Described as 'crystal clear' optics but, like a couple of recently-purchased lenses, features some (albeit light/peripheral) fungal growth.

Been fairly unlucky in this regard but it looks as though the front element is the only issue, and is relatively-easily accessible... Rubber rings time, here I come!
HarisF1
Posted 27/11/2019 - 13:02 Link
Benz3ne wrote:
Received a Sigma Super-Wide II earlier. Described as 'crystal clear' optics but, like a couple of recently-purchased lenses, features some (albeit light/peripheral) fungal growth.

Been fairly unlucky in this regard but it looks as though the front element is the only issue, and is relatively-easily accessible... Rubber rings time, here I come!

One of my first ever lens repairs was on a Sigma Super Wide II with fungus in the front element. I bought it for £30 but was refunded and allowed to keep it. It's a great little lens.
Benz3ne
Posted 27/11/2019 - 14:20 Link
HarisF1 wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:

One of my first ever lens repairs was on a Sigma Super Wide II with fungus in the front element. I bought it for £30 but was refunded and allowed to keep it. It's a great little lens.

Wow, sounds like a great deal! I just need to find something suitable for unscrewing the name plate etc. I tried it out over my lunch break (albeit briefly) and it is a fun, capable little lens!
Benz3ne
Posted 27/11/2019 - 14:25 Link
Two more lenses arrived with me today. The cheaper (by a significant margin) of the two was a SMC-A 70-210mm f/4 lens, bought for £18 posted. Described as 'beautifully clean' and in this instance I wholeheartedly agree. It is pristine! The push-pull zoom will take a little bit of getting used to, but it feels great in the hand and takes some (at first light) great snaps.

The second lens, as sold to me kindly by a Sir. LennyBloke, is the Voigtlander Ultron SL-ii 40mm f/2 - I've looked into this and there was no SL-i, and the writing on the face plate, along with everything else, is indicative of the SL-ii! Is it a beauty to look at and even more beautiful to hold and use. It produces beautiful images with beautiful micro-contrast and beautiful sharpness across the board... safe to say, it exudes beauty. Completely smitten with this purchase, and unfortunately I now want more than 1 'Voigt'!

Who needs two kidneys anyway?
Mike-P
Posted 27/11/2019 - 15:43 Link
HarisF1 wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:

I have a Sigma AF Superwide II in the cupboard, must admit I have never tried it on the K-1
Edited by Mike-P: 27/11/2019 - 15:45
bforbes
Posted 27/11/2019 - 15:58 Link
At one time we had a member on here who had the Sigma AF Superwide II almost permanently attached. Can't think of his name- possibly from the Netherlands - possibly switched to Fuji. Anyway his images persuaded me to get one.
Benz3ne
Posted 27/11/2019 - 15:59 Link
Mike-P wrote:
HarisF1 wrote:
Quote:

I have a Sigma AF Superwide II in the cupboard, must admit I have never tried it on the K-1

Well, there's no time like the present! Looking forward to your snaps with it!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.