What's your latest acquisition?

Aitch53

Link Posted 10/10/2019 - 09:30
Some cardboard boxes - see post in Your Photos sub-forum.
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

jeallen01

Link Posted 14/10/2019 - 21:30
Not quite an "acquisition" but more of of a "reacquisition to come" - after gathering all the data (a real pig of a job with 7 pensions and as many bank accounts - few of which have large amounts in them, but I had to "spread it around" because "high interest" a/cs have very low limits ) I used the Taxcalc s/w to prepare my Tax Return, and it turns out that HMRC owes me over £2k for 2018-2019
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 with the Hacked K-50 f/w to being a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 14/10/2019 - 21:48

PeterKR

Link Posted 14/10/2019 - 23:10
jeallen01 wrote:
Not quite an "acquisition" but more of of a "reacquisition to come" - after gathering all the data (a real pig of a job with 7 pensions and as many bank accounts - few of which have large amounts in them, but I had to "spread it around" because "high interest" a/cs have very low limits ) I used the Taxcalc s/w to prepare my Tax Return, and it turns out that HMRC owes me over £2k for 2018-2019

Looks like 2k might become K1ii then ?

Peter

jeallen01

Link Posted 15/10/2019 - 08:59
PeterKR wrote:
jeallen01 wrote:

Looks like 2k might become K1ii then ?

Peter

Not a chance as that cash will go to topping up my bank accounts, having paid far too much tax over the last few years due to the overhang of running my own company for a time.

I tried a K1 at the The Photography Show a few years ago and found it far too heavy for what I needed/need, and I couldn't "do it justice" anyway, and the existing kit is pretty much what I need/will need in the future,
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 with the Hacked K-50 f/w to being a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

womble

Link Posted 26/10/2019 - 13:08
womble wrote:

Pinhole camera par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

As I cannot post the results of my foray into pinhole photography here I thought I could at least post a link to the album on my Ipernity account: clicky link thingy.

Exposures vary from half a second to 26 minutes. Mostly they are in the 20 second to 2 minute range.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

RobL

Link Posted 02/11/2019 - 18:08
A couple of Cactus V6II wireless transceivers in new condition on eBay. These accept most makes of camera and flash, one you mount on the camera hotshoe and one or more is fitted with a remote flash. The camera one can also have a flash on top. I have been experimenting a bit and realise I need a softbox diffuser to avoid harsh contrast and sharply defined shadows as I want to use them for outdoor close-ups as well as interiors. Today was windy and dull and I wanted to both freeze the movement and isolate these japanese maple leaves from the background so an ideal test, here is the result:

I should add that I used a polarizer to cut out reflections on the leaves. For those who are wondering why I didn't just use the Pentax light pulse I was using a K1 which doesn't have a built-in flash and this was much cheaper than another flash. The flash was an AF360FGZ II several feet away with the level controlled from the camera mounted Cactus; the little AF201FG works fine on it as well.
Last Edited by RobL on 02/11/2019 - 18:17

bforbes

Link Posted 02/11/2019 - 20:50
A Meyer-Optik Görlitz Lydith 30mm F/3.5 M42 Prime Wide Angle Lens, 10 Blade Iris, to match up with a Tilt/Shift adapter. It allows the max shift without getting severe vignette from wider FOV's. All I have to do now is try out the differences between this and a Zenitar 16mm fisheye.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Defragged

Link Posted 03/11/2019 - 19:49
bforbes wrote:
A Meyer-Optik Görlitz Lydith 30mm F/3.5 M42 Prime Wide Angle Lens, 10 Blade Iris, to match up with a Tilt/Shift adapter. It allows the max shift without getting severe vignette from wider FOV's. All I have to do now is try out the differences between this and a Zenitar 16mm fisheye.

May I enquire please, what 'Tilt/Shift adapter do you use?
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

bforbes

Link Posted 03/11/2019 - 20:11
Defragged wrote:
bforbes wrote:

It's a Kipon M42 to Fuji X similar to this link
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

Defragged

Link Posted 03/11/2019 - 21:25
bforbes wrote:
Defragged wrote:
Quote:

It's a Kipon M42 to Fuji X similar to this link

Thank you very much.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

bforbes

Link Posted 03/11/2019 - 21:39
Defragged wrote:

Thank you very much.

[/quote]

No problem. I've not seen a one for Pentax bodies. I assume the Pentax registrar distance can not accommodate the adapter thickness
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 03/11/2019 - 22:12
Accidentally pulled the trigger on a used HD DFA 24-70mm
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 50mm macro - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

reso

Link Posted 03/11/2019 - 22:38
A very nice sigma 12-24
k3 k5iis sigma 12-24 ex dg tamron 17-50 2.8 sigma 18-125 hsm sigma 24-70 2.8 ex dg macro tokina af 70-210 pentax da*300 tamron sp 500 kenko pz af dg 1.5 converter and a flash

HarisF1

Link Posted 03/11/2019 - 23:25
reso wrote:
A very nice sigma 12-24

You'll need a K-1 now!

I bought a K 135/2.5 from these forums and an F series 100mm macro because it's ugly-beautiful

Defragged

Link Posted 04/11/2019 - 11:16
cardiffgareth wrote:
Accidentally pulled the trigger on a used HD DFA 24-70mm

Lol... Gareth, how can you accidentally pull the trigger on a used HD 24-70mm??? lol...

I can just imagine the judge's reaction as he dons his black cap whilst listening to the defendants plea; "but your honor, honest, it's true I tell you, I accidentally pulled the trigger on my shotgun and now my mother-in-law is dead" lol..

That cracked me this Monday morning! But I hope you enjoy your new acquisition.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.