Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

What's your latest acquisition?

Benz3ne
Posted 21/08/2019 - 12:59 Link
Benz3ne wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:
I've procured a few lenses recently (awaiting receipt as they're in the post...) and a Pentax K-to-M42 adapter (genuine);
Helios 44-2 in 'excellent' condition according to the seller.
Auto-Takumar 55mm f/2.2 in 'excellent' condition according to the seller.
Fujinon 55mm f/2.2, without any cracks/splits in the plastic housings, according to the seller.

Looking forward to receiving and trying out some of these vintage lenses!

And received this morning! All in very reasonable condition, pleasantly surprised with the Fujinon which features absolutely no cracking to the bakelite/plastic housing.
Will have a clean-up with some diluted isopropyl alcohol and cotton buds a little later. The Helios has some 'gunk'/oil on the blades, which is rather unsurprising as they appear to come with a fair amount from new, so I'm not concerned about that. The Auto-Takumar is a beautiful, compact little lens.

Very happy with the purchases (I'll be trying them out a little later).

Turns out the Fujinon has a slightly slow aperture return on first press of the knob after changing aperture, and a fair amount of fungus on the rearmost element... I'm happy removing the rear element but the aperture isn't something I know how to tackle...
Edited by Benz3ne: 21/08/2019 - 13:14
mikeyscope
Posted 24/08/2019 - 23:24 Link
Hi folks

Well SRS have 20% off until 26th August ...and wife away with friends on holiday, while the cats away so decided to pull the trigger on...

Pentax HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW Lens
&
Pentax HD PENTAX-DA AF Rear Converter 1.4X AW

While I have manual fixed telephoto lenses I really wanted this lens since it came out as it's such a useful AF lens in the focal length range on both APS-C and Full Frame.
Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 29/08/2019 - 12:22 Link
Thanks to everyone for your purchases.

I've decided to run the code again until Monday 2nd September.

All lenses 20% off with discount code pentaxlens20

Link to full frame lenses
Link to APS-C lenses

We've sold out of some, but any orders before Monday will be at the discounted price when new stocks arrive.
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
mikeyscope
Posted 29/08/2019 - 12:49 Link
Thanks for great service as usual. Wife coming home today... better hide that lens!

That 20% occasionally makes all the difference to us users and helps keep the market flowing...

Much appreciated SRS!
Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 29/08/2019 - 13:32 Link
mikeyscope wrote:
Thanks for great service as usual. Wife coming home today... better hide that lens!

That 20% occasionally makes all the difference to us users and helps keep the market flowing...

Much appreciated SRS!

It's a pleasure and I hope you enjoy your new lens!

I'm sure I've told this on here before, but we have a section in our stockroom where we keep the empty boxes from purchases so other halves don't get to find out about the new kit
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
Benz3ne
Posted 30/08/2019 - 17:30 Link
Looks as though some part-exchanging has worked out nicely for me, and on it's way is a Pentax 100mm Macro WR. Looking forward to seeing what this lens has to offer! It was a good price, very lightly used and in perfect condition, so the part-ex for items I wouldn't otherwise use has made it a great value offering (as long as I get on with the lens)!
Benz3ne
Posted 10/09/2019 - 14:26 Link
Pulled the trigger on a nicely-priced SMC-M 50mm f/1.4. Apparently there's some dust inside which doesn't affect images but no fungus. £34.98 posted, should receive tomorrow.

Issue is, there's so much tempting me these days.
(a) I want a tripod.
(b) I want an ultra-wide.
(c) I want an O-GPS1 astrotracer unit.
HarisF1
Posted 10/09/2019 - 14:31 Link
I bought another KP :/
All the gear with no idea
Mike-P
Posted 10/09/2019 - 14:47 Link
HarisF1 wrote:

And an empty box
HarisF1
Posted 10/09/2019 - 14:49 Link
There's wisdom in empty boxes haha
Benz3ne
Posted 10/09/2019 - 15:26 Link
HarisF1 wrote:

How many KPs does one need?
HarisF1
Posted 10/09/2019 - 15:29 Link
Benz3ne wrote:
HarisF1 wrote:

It's the only one I've got at the moment but I keep selling them when they don't get use, only to buy another a few months later when the urge kicks in.
JAK
Posted 10/09/2019 - 16:02 Link
HarisF1 wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:
Quote:

It's the only one I've got at the moment but I keep selling them when they don't get use, only to buy another a few months later when the urge kicks in.

That's nuts (KP variety!)
John K
Edited by JAK: 10/09/2019 - 16:04
HarisF1
Posted 10/09/2019 - 16:49 Link
I would have jumped at a good K3ii deal though. As much as I love the KP and K-1, I've never held a camera so perfectly built for my hands as the K-3.

And thus return the cries for a K-3iii
womble
Posted 11/09/2019 - 22:49 Link
I bought myself a K-3 for my 50th and as my 55th looms on the horizon I find myself bemused that I am perfectly happy with it as my digital body. I keep buying new (to me) film stuff like my Ondu pinhole, but the K-3 does almost everything I want. My only regret is that it doesn't have the in-viewfinder levels that the K-1 boasts. Apparently, I have taken over 28,000 images in those five years (although quite a few of those are going to be automatically bracketed shots). Although "going full-frame" seems like a good idea the cost of replacing all my APS-C lenses with the full-frame equivalents puts me off. Although, of late, the 31mm Ltd lives on it most of the time as my go-to standard lens. Oh well, had fun taking five photos this afternoon with the pinhole all with 20 second exposures! Sorry, I'm rambling. Time for bed (said Zebedee...).
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.