What next Pentax DSLRs?

Algernon

Link Posted 27/03/2019 - 12:55
I once had a goldfish called Norman..... He had a similar attention span to the RIS Team
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

droopsnoot

Link Posted 01/04/2019 - 11:21
wvbarnes wrote:
I guess its a Google translate.

No, it's just typical of modern attitudes*, or "the evolving language" depending on whether you support the idea that people can just write badly and then say "well, you know what it meant, so it doesn't matter" when they're caught out.

It's even more disappointing that it's clearly a standard response, and someone can't be bothered spell checking it. There would be a bit of an excuse if it was just hurriedly typed out by someone.

Whinge over.

( * I get that not everyone speels or wrotes perfectly, but those people shouldn't be writing official responses from large companies to their customers. IMO of course.)
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror

wvbarnes

Link Posted 02/04/2019 - 16:51
Finally this in my inbox today after I had one last attempt to ask what was being developed, quoting an earlier interview with Ricoh/Pentax about a K3 II replacement. More bad spelling.

'Customer Support [2019-04-02 15:40:53.120]
Dear Mr Barnes,
Thank you for contacting Ricoh Imaging.

Unfortunately we are not infomred about any official anouncment of developing a K-3II successor.
As mentioned in the article, "there is something in development", but that doesn't mean for sure that there will be anything released. Also there is no official plan to do so at the moment.
Therefore we do not have any information about such developments.

If there is any further question, please contact us again.

With kind regards,

Sebastian
Ricoh Imaging Support Team'
Bill

pschlute

Link Posted 02/04/2019 - 20:06
Why do you expect them to give you advance information about any future camera release ?

The replies you have had, while slightly amusing, tell nothing about when a new aps-c SLR will be released.

I feel you are wasting your time.
Peter

My Flickr page

johnriley

Link Posted 02/04/2019 - 21:31
If they knew, and told you, then they would be making a product announcement, which they can't do of course. New releases will be Top Secret until they are ready to make a proper announcement, for commercial reasons.
Best regards, John

wvbarnes

Link Posted 02/04/2019 - 21:54
Well, I tried. None of the journalists including presumably the Ephotozine/ USA Pentax Forum ones have learned much either.

If the K3II was still current APS-C top model as with many three to four year ageing models of Olympus, Canon, Nikon etc there would be no story. Perhaps premium APS-C is dead and we are stuck with the cheaper shutter, smaller buffer, single card slot, no top lCD tiny battery KP.

Ricoh teased their GRIII on its own Fqcebook page for ages. The K1 had its own teser site ahead of release. Perhaps we will have the same here?
Bill

JAK

Link Posted 02/04/2019 - 23:22
Such phishing attempts would be considered highly commercially sensitive. No way would they let on to you any future developments. If anyone did they would now be ex-Ricoh employees.
Ricoh have no idea as to whether you work for the opposition so will play safe presuming you do.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 02/04/2019 - 23:27

RobL

Link Posted 03/04/2019 - 07:33
The just-launched DFA 11-18mm f1.4 lens gives the biggest clue yet for commitment to high end APS-C cameras, just read the press release.

DOIK

Link Posted 03/04/2019 - 09:01
f1.4 That would have been announced on the 1st April
John
My Photobucket

RobL

Link Posted 03/04/2019 - 09:46
DOIK wrote:
f1.4 That would have been announced on the 1st April
John

Oops, sorry, HD PENTAX-DA*11-18mm F2.8 ED DC AW, Pentax launch a couple of new lenses and I go dizzy with excitement! Anyway, to quote: "the latest model in the new-generation Star (*) series - a lens that provides exceptional image quality to be able to accommodate the super-high-performance digital cameras of the future..exclusively designed for use with PENTAX APS-C-format digital SLR cameras." So there you have it.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.