Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Weekly Competition # 39 "Wildlife"

hefty1
Posted 07/04/2008 - 21:46 Link
promhandicam wrote:
One final note to hefty - keep your friend away from any passing New Zealanders .

Ouch! That would hurt!
Joining the Q
GaryMoffat
Posted 07/04/2008 - 21:51 Link
Very well judged Belinda.

Congrats to all entries, excellent images. Wel done to the winners.

Very enjoyable comp.

Regards,

Gary.
Belinda B.
Posted 10/04/2008 - 19:25 Link
Thank you all for your feedback / comments.

It seems to have been a popular competition and I hope that everyone enjoyed it.

I certainly enjoyed seeing the images as they were posted.

Hopefully the snails have forgiven me

With regard to the speed of posting the results, I followed the lead of some of the previous judges and starting assessing the photos as they were posted. I created a Word document at the start of the week and kept it up to date, noting possible 'contenders' as I went. Late on Sunday evening, I produced a provisional set of results and then only had to revisit this, once midnight had passed. Then it was just a matter of copying and pasting the information into the forum.

I would recommend this method to future judges, particularly if the number of entries is high.

Good luck everyone for this week's competition
Belinda B.
George Lazarette
Posted 10/04/2008 - 21:10 Link
Belinda B. wrote:
Thank you all for your feedback / comments.

It seems to have been a popular competition and I hope that everyone enjoyed it.

I certainly enjoyed seeing the images as they were posted.

Hopefully the snails have forgiven me

With regard to the speed of posting the results, I followed the lead of some of the previous judges and starting assessing the photos as they were posted. I created a Word document at the start of the week and kept it up to date, noting possible 'contenders' as I went. Late on Sunday evening, I produced a provisional set of results and then only had to revisit this, once midnight had passed. Then it was just a matter of copying and pasting the information into the forum.

I would recommend this method to future judges, particularly if the number of entries is high.

Good luck everyone for this week's competition

You're too organised, Belinda. Put's the rest of us to shame.

But well done.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
ChrisA
Posted 10/04/2008 - 23:19 Link
George Lazarette wrote:
Put's

You need to cut back on the sauce, George. It's no good having you as my linguistic role model if you're going to do this to me.
George Lazarette
Posted 11/04/2008 - 01:44 Link
ChrisA wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:
Put's

You need to cut back on the sauce, George. It's no good having you as my linguistic role model if you're going to do this to me.

Swish, slurp, clunk. The sound of a shamed and horrified G falling on his sword.

G

PS: I indulged in a lightly grilled, locally caught, Dover sole this evening, washed down with rather too much of an impudent little Sauvignon Blanc from the "Jardin de la France" (no, I've never heard of it either). A lame excuse for an unforgiveable lapse, but the best I can come up with at this late hour.
Hyram
Posted 11/04/2008 - 08:36 Link
George Lazarette wrote:
ChrisA wrote:
Quote:
Put's

Swish, slurp, clunk. The sound of a shamed and horrified G falling on his sword.

G

PS: I indulged in a lightly grilled, locally caught, Dover sole this evening, washed down with rather too much of an impudent little Sauvignon Blanc from the "Jardin de la France" (no, I've never heard of it either). A lame excuse for an unforgiveable lapse, but the best I can come up with at this late hour.

That Dover sole sounds rather excellent. Down here you would have to sell a lens to pay for one
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
George Lazarette
Posted 11/04/2008 - 10:12 Link
Hyram wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:
Quote:
George Lazarette wrote:
Put's

G

That Dover sole sounds rather excellent. Down here you would have to sell a lens to pay for one

If you like scallops and Dover sole, the IOM is a good place to be. The latter costs less than cod, which has to be imported.

G

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.