Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Weekly #408 - Cars and Trucks - Discussion

davidhamilton
Posted 05/05/2015 - 20:09 Link
I need a topic for the weekly competition. I might not be good but i am keen. When will we know ...
David Hamilton
stu62
Posted 05/05/2015 - 20:30 - Helpful Comment Link
hum how about k9
or unusual mode of transport
davidhamilton
Posted 05/05/2015 - 21:06 Link
Thanks Stu . That might be it
David Hamilton
stu62
Posted 05/05/2015 - 21:14 Link
What k9 or unusual transport
davidhamilton
Posted 05/05/2015 - 21:46 Link
Perhaps it could be both! A dog riding an elephant or similar. Not a common sight in Hull
David Hamilton
johnriley
Posted 05/05/2015 - 22:23 Link
I have sent a reminder to our winner, so hopefully we will get a response very soon.
Best regards, John
davidhamilton
Posted 06/05/2015 - 05:41 Link
Thanks John.
David Hamilton
tyronet2000
Posted 06/05/2015 - 09:27 Link
Just as well images can be from ones archives for the weekly
Regards
Stan

PPG
johnriley
Posted 06/05/2015 - 10:19 Link
Indeed, if I don't hear anything back by early evening a new competition will be posted anyway.
Best regards, John
JAK
Posted 06/05/2015 - 11:33 Link
Have you checked the entries submitted so far for the monthly? One was shot on a Sony and the other (according to the image exif) back in April despite a 1 May claim though it doesn't seem to load at all now!
John K
johnriley
Posted 06/05/2015 - 12:32 Link
I check the monthly entries through the month, usually once a few have built up.
Best regards, John
johnriley
Posted 06/05/2015 - 18:55 Link
As the trail had gone cold I have now set a new competition, so hope you have enough time to respond!

Judges, please be prepared to judge if you win. Winners, please be prepared to set the new competition promptly. We have had a good run lately, so let's keep up the momentum!
davidtrout
Posted 07/05/2015 - 11:58 Link
Thanks for that John. Winners who vanish or judges who don't follow the guidelines are becoming all too common. Its usually new members involved and as a result I find myself hoping one of the established suspects wins so you know the competition will be in safe hands.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Edited by davidtrout: 07/05/2015 - 11:59
tyronet2000
Posted 07/05/2015 - 17:15 Link
davidtrout wrote:
Thanks for that John. Winners who vanish or judges who don't follow the guidelines are becoming all too common. Its usually new members involved and as a result I find myself hoping one of the established suspects wins so you know the competition will be in safe hands.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

I've noticed this too David although I have just started entering again on a regular basis. If a new member is unsure of what is expected there is lots of help available, even just viewing previous competitions will give some idea of what is required of the judge.
Regards
Stan

PPG
davidhamilton
Posted 08/05/2015 - 05:00 Link
Agree its a disappointment when others cannot understand and apply pretty straightforward competition rules but it would be a shame if length of membership took precedence over photography in winner selection. Such an approach would stifle new blood and weaken the user group over time. Lets hope future winners, judges and competitors can display a basic ability to read, understand and apply rules irrespective of their length of membership.

I should declare a vested interest as one of the newest members!
David Hamilton

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.