i dont know what to say COWBOYS link

WHAT THE HELL link
my web site http://www.swilsonphotography.foliopic.com/
PPG link
Last Edited by puma on 28/11/2012 - 23:06

cabstar

Link Posted 28/11/2012 - 23:30
Thatsecond one is unbelievable.

Nevermind the photography skills or lack of, but who turns up to work at a wedding dressed like that???
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

puma

Link Posted 28/11/2012 - 23:39
cabstar wrote:
Thatsecond one is unbelievable.

Nevermind the photography skills or lack of, but who turns up to work at a wedding dressed like that???

Iam speechless as well shocked when I seen it and there are some out there
my web site http://www.swilsonphotography.foliopic.com/
PPG link

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 06:19
"Blaming the bad economy" - the bad publicity is more likely.

The number of very poor photographers out there is incredible, and the number of them working as professionals is nothing short of amazing.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

johnriley

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 09:02
Typically, I suppose, an amateur with lots of good quality kit, made redundant, unable to find work, needing to keep on paying the bills, is going to look at things that can be done.

Logically, photography is possible. Unfortunately there are too many people willing to work for nothing or very little and it makes it much harder to make a proper living that covers the cost of proper insurance, etc.

Skill is something else. Amateur or Professional, we know some have it and some don't.
Best regards, John

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 09:05
I reserve judgement...all very much trial by youtube....
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

johnriley

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 09:10
Quote:

Absolutely, there's far too much of that at the moment.
Best regards, John

generator

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 09:17
ilovesaabs wrote:

You don’t need Utube ? the video says it all if i seen the video footage on TV or anywhere else i would say the same MY GOD WHATS HE DOING
Thanks Richard

johnriley

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 09:56
Was he the main photographer, or the second photographer doing shots from the back of the church?
Best regards, John

generator

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 09:59
looking at the video again John i think he was the main and on his own and very young as well or is that me getting to old lol
Thanks Richard
Last Edited by generator on 29/11/2012 - 09:59

Dodge69

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 09:59
LOL the second one oh man, funny link!

Ruining the videography, ruining guests experience, ruining his own shots, and dressed like he is popping out to get the Sunday morning paper.

Whether I was doing the video/photography or even just a guest I would have asked that guy to cease and desist, most likely via the throat while pinning him against a wall.
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!

johnriley

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 10:01
I think you deserve a medal for watching it twice!

We could start a new saying, "You know you're getting old when the wedding photographers start to look like children...."
Best regards, John

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 10:13
johnriley wrote:
Typically, I suppose, an amateur with lots of good quality kit, made redundant, unable to find work, needing to keep on paying the bills, is going to look at things that can be done.

Logically, photography is possible. Unfortunately there are too many people willing to work for nothing or very little and it makes it much harder to make a proper living that covers the cost of proper insurance, etc.

Skill is something else. Amateur or Professional, we know some have it and some don't.

I do bits and bats of paid photography work but there's no way I could do a wedding and guarantee acceptable results... But I'm critical of my own work and aware of where my skill set begins and ends...

I agree it is about skills... But more importantly it's also about knowing your skill set... Bad photographers often think they're great photographers because they haven't honestly analyzed and evaluated their skills and their weaknesses...

Anybody considering wedding photography as a money earner needs to know where their skills are high and low and decide whether they can effectively do the job (and guarantee results)... Cos some poor girl is going to keep those photos for the rest of her life (or until divorce) and it really is a MASSIVE deal to her...

Me... I'd rather set fire to my eyeballs than attemp that gig... And I'll be doing lots of homework before hiring a 'tog' for my own wedding next year as well!!
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

Frogherder

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 10:25
At each wedding I've been to recently there has been a complete ban on photography inside the church/registry ofice.

Perhaps that was in anticipation of the above.

Bernard

ps link #1 doesn't load

johnriley

Link Posted 29/11/2012 - 12:04
Quote:
At each wedding I've been to recently there has been a complete ban on photography inside the church/registry ofice

That sounds incredible - banned by who?

When we shoot a wedding we don't worry about other people shooting images. Let them get on with enjoying themselves and we get on with our own job.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.