Waterfall Country
Posted 30/04/2017 - 19:11
Link
10 and 11 hit the spot for me, really because they give a sense of the location and nature of the beast (I can truly feel the force, the chill and the air pressure from those ones!) ... excellent.
The others, whilst showing some nice lines and shapes, have that sense of constriction and claustrophobia I've mentioned before, and perhaps needed some stronger light (?).
The others, whilst showing some nice lines and shapes, have that sense of constriction and claustrophobia I've mentioned before, and perhaps needed some stronger light (?).
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 30/04/2017 - 19:24
Link
Fantastically dynamic.
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)
Posted 30/04/2017 - 19:39
Link
No 1 reminds me of a pint of Guinness settling
Of the isolation shots, 1, 2,3,5,6 and 7 really work for me, with 2 being my pick.
I have tried and failed miserably to emulate this type of shot in the past, just can't get it. The movement in the water coupled with the light and inky blacks just nails it.
Of the set, no 10 is just fantastic, not much more to say about that one.
Followed closely by 11.
Fantastic set, if I ever get over the pond again I might try and visit that area.
Derek
Of the isolation shots, 1, 2,3,5,6 and 7 really work for me, with 2 being my pick.
I have tried and failed miserably to emulate this type of shot in the past, just can't get it. The movement in the water coupled with the light and inky blacks just nails it.
Of the set, no 10 is just fantastic, not much more to say about that one.
Followed closely by 11.
Fantastic set, if I ever get over the pond again I might try and visit that area.
Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 30/04/2017 - 20:36
Link
A lovely set, I like all of them.
No.2. The light brings this one to life, brings out the colours.
No.3 Black and Tan. Great shapes, forms and patterns with a strong diagonal.
No.13 It works, it just works really well, well framed composition.
Love them all really.
Best regards
Nigel
No.2. The light brings this one to life, brings out the colours.
No.3 Black and Tan. Great shapes, forms and patterns with a strong diagonal.
No.13 It works, it just works really well, well framed composition.
Love them all really.
Best regards
Nigel
Posted 30/04/2017 - 21:54
Link
I like most of them. A square matrix set of prints would look good and facilitate the theme, maybe in monochrome to make them even more of a theme?
"In a photographic context I don't like the use of the word 'shot' as where I live this word refers to an extreme act of violence and not the beautiful craft of photography"
Posted 30/04/2017 - 22:11
Link
A great set. No 10 is my favourite, although I like the randomness/ softness of no 5 and also no. 2 with its little sparkle/ spalsh of water on lhs.
Andy
Posted 30/04/2017 - 22:53
Link
Wow!
How please?
How please?
Posted 01/05/2017 - 00:27
Link
I prefer those shots that have a bit less blur, and number 11 is my overall favourite.
Cheers.
Philip
Cheers.
Philip
Posted 01/05/2017 - 01:29
Link
I like 6 for its pure simplicity (but all of them are first rate)
Posted 01/05/2017 - 08:45
Link
Superb vision to see the potential of these images at the creating stage - really not easy to do! I've got the odd accidental or partly planned OOF image that has worked quite well but these are clearly not happy accidents
From the comments it's clear that different shots appeal to different viewers, which is why it's a good idea to include so many images. As with much of your other work they are screaming "large" and "prints" to me, picking favourites is usually difficult as your standards are so high but this time there is one shot that is near perfect in my eyes - No.5 - it almost conveys Turner style brush strokes for me
Thanks for sharing Bill
From the comments it's clear that different shots appeal to different viewers, which is why it's a good idea to include so many images. As with much of your other work they are screaming "large" and "prints" to me, picking favourites is usually difficult as your standards are so high but this time there is one shot that is near perfect in my eyes - No.5 - it almost conveys Turner style brush strokes for me
Thanks for sharing Bill
LennyBloke
Posted 01/05/2017 - 11:23
Link
Great collection...2+3 are hits for me, but I think 10 captures a mystical mood and so is my favorite
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 01/05/2017 - 12:24
Link
# 2, 7, 11, and 13 are the standouts for me - particularly #11 which has great beauty. Surely this one would be a contender for a future POTW except I think only Gallery pictures can be selected for that.
David.
David
David.
David
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1357 posts
14 years
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
All thoughts, observations, comments etc gratefully received as ever...
Best
Immersive
BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook