Warning from WEx Twitter: look out for stolen gear

stevo

Link Posted 23/04/2010 - 19:28
From Warehouse Express's Twitter feed today:
Quote:
Warning: Beware of too good to be true prices from unknown websites. A major theft occurred within the photography industry.

Quote:
Not sure atm what precise details I can give @korm87. But cameras, lenses & accessories are amongst the items. (we weren't the target btw)

I'm sure any self-respecting camera thief would turn his nose up at Pentax gear, but best keep an eye out just in case...

Mike-P

Link Posted 23/04/2010 - 19:51
stevo wrote:

I'm sure any self-respecting camera thief would turn his nose up at Pentax gear, but best keep an eye out just in case...

I remember someone on here unfortunately got burgled a while back and they left all his Pentax gear.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

edumad

Link Posted 23/04/2010 - 20:07
Hmm.
In the photographic industry? A bit vague no?
TWAPSI Blog

nass

Link Posted 23/04/2010 - 20:07
Thanks Stevo, I've crossposted it on the Pentax Forum so that hopefully we get the maximum coverage.

-Nass
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!

Oggy

Link Posted 23/04/2010 - 20:30
Mike-P wrote:
stevo wrote:

I remember someone on here unfortunately got burgled a while back and they left all his Pentax gear.

That would be me then.

They took my card wallet from next to my K20 and reached across 7 lenses (Mostly DA*s) ant took 10.

Thinking about it, that would make members of Pentax Forums (as opposed to Pentax User) prime suspect with their irrational obsessive fear of SDM.

fatspider

Link Posted 23/04/2010 - 21:00
Just be sure to ask if their a "Pro" thief to ensure you get a two year warranty
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Dangermouse

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 09:18
It'd help if they could give some hints as to what brands and what sort of gear was pinched. I suspect if they took large amounts of brand new gear from a warehouse it's most likely stolen to order for export though. The sort of criminal who can plan and carry out a raid on a secure warehouse will not be trying to offload the loot via ebay or their local car boot!

Domestic burglars are usually after things they can sell quickly and easily, like TVs, MP3 players, etc and obviously cash or cards. They're not actually after the goods but the money they'll get from selling them.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 09:30
Dangermouse wrote:
It'd help if they could give some hints as to what brands and what sort of gear was pinched.

Nikon....
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

polchraine

Link Posted 24/04/2010 - 11:02
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Dangermouse wrote:
It'd help if they could give some hints as to what brands and what sort of gear was pinched.

Nikon....

Surely that should be Nickon !
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.