Wanted: Good Samyang 14mm f2.8

edin_togger

Link Posted 28/03/2017 - 12:23
I made the painful decision to sell my Pentax 15-30 partly because I've been tending to use it like a prime at 15mm and the 24-70 covers much of the rest of the range.

I've already got the Lee SW150 filters and realised they do a Samyang ring so rather than spend ages trying to get a perfect new Samyang 14mm I wondered if anyone had one that maybe they aren't using?

JAK

Link Posted 28/03/2017 - 20:46
I got mine from Amazšn link. It's gone a a few ££ since but still great value for what it is. Current price is £284. Don't think SRS do these.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 28/03/2017 - 20:47

Helpful

Conqueror

Link Posted 28/03/2017 - 20:51
You thought about the IRIX 15mm also?

Talking of the IRIX.. the place to get that is possibly Fototip (PL)

I believe some UK folk have imported the K-mount IRIX with no issues... but you would be best to research the shop/details

http://foto-tip.pl/en/products/

-------------------------

No need to import the Samyang 14mm ...

SRS, Bristol Cameras, WEX .. all at £299 and UK based
K-3ii
Last Edited by Conqueror on 28/03/2017 - 20:54

mwosko

Link Posted 28/03/2017 - 21:45
Hi,

I have Samyang 14 ready for sell in excellent condition with orginal pouch, caps and box. No scrach, like new. Price is 195GBP plus 25GBP for insured delivery to GB.

Please send me PM if you are interested.

nocturnal

Link Posted 28/03/2017 - 23:45
SRS do or did, that is where I got mine and they sent a good copy as I asked for one. You need to make sure it is a good copy.

I only use it for nocturnal/astro as the Pentax DA15 beats it at everything in daylight.
"In a photographic context I don't like the use of the word 'shot' as where I live this word refers to an extreme act of violence and not the beautiful craft of photography"

JAK

Link Posted 28/03/2017 - 23:51
nocturnal wrote:
I only use it for nocturnal/astro as the Pentax DA15 beats it at everything in daylight.

The DA15 isn't any real use as a full frame lens.

Seems SRS do have the Samyang, though very slightly dearer than the link I gave earlier.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 28/03/2017 - 23:51

nocturnal

Link Posted 29/03/2017 - 02:51
JAK wrote:
nocturnal wrote:

The DA15 isn't any real use as a full frame lens.

Seems SRS do have the Samyang, though very slightly dearer than the link I gave earlier.

Indeed, I should have read that it was intended for FF.

I make do with a K28 3.5 on my MX. 15mm is too wide for me for landscapes anyway. The Samyang 14 has horrid distortion on film FF which you can't correct.
"In a photographic context I don't like the use of the word 'shot' as where I live this word refers to an extreme act of violence and not the beautiful craft of photography"

cvhennessy

Link Posted 29/03/2017 - 23:00
Calumet sell the IRIX, they were selling them at the Photography show. I would think from the photo's and reviews that the IRIX is a better bet, its certainly better built. I ordered the Samyang 14mm and sent it back since I didn't think its resolution could handle 36 mp very well, leaves tended to merge together on closer inspection to create a smudged image.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.