Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Wanted: Pentax Grip Strap FDP for PZ-1P, and instruction manual for battery grip BG-10 for the MZ-S

OldChe
Posted 15/02/2018 - 04:45 Link
Wanted: Grip Strap FDP - hand strap and base that attaches to the PZ-1P (no batteries)

Wanted: instruction manual for battery grip BG-10 for the MZ-S

Please let me know if you have any for sale, thanks --> Richard.
johnha
Posted 15/02/2018 - 23:12 Link
The Gripstrap FDP must be very rare - when new they were ludicrously expensive given they only add a bit of bulk and a wrist strap to the camera. The attachment of the normal shoulder strap to the top of the wrist strap is also a bit awkward. They massively improve handling of the camera (especially if you have largish hands), I wish you well on your search.
OldChe
Posted 26/09/2020 - 20:23 Link
johnha wrote:
The Gripstrap FDP must be very rare - when new they were ludicrously expensive given they only add a bit of bulk and a wrist strap to the camera. The attachment of the normal shoulder strap to the top of the wrist strap is also a bit awkward. They massively improve handling of the camera (especially if you have largish hands), I wish you well on your search.

It only took me a couple years, but I found a Grip Strap FD (I think that is the right designation) at a price I could afford, especially since it came with a Z-1P in good working condition. It no longer had the strap attached, which is fine since the original straps tend to deteriorate over time. I added a hand strap from a generic hand strap assembly I got on ebay, it works fine. Comment Image
OldChe
Posted 26/09/2020 - 20:24 Link
Notice the split ring I added to the top of the grip strap - I can easily attach both neck strap and grip strap to the camera at the same time.
johnha
Posted 27/09/2020 - 08:45 - Helpful Comment Link
Glad you found one. There may be two versions: FD & FDp the first was for the Z-1, the second for the Z-1p. The difference may only be a slight cut-out at the back so you can get to the panoramic switch on the Z-1p.

I may be wrong, they may only have made the FDp version as the Z-1 may have stopped production by the time the grip arrived.
ilovesaabs
Posted 28/09/2020 - 09:55 - Helpful Comment Link
I don't it would matter much if it was FD or FDp - the switch was still difficult to operate with the FDp grip... I think I last operated the switch when I bought my Z-1p in 1995. I paid about £55-60 for my grip around the same time I bought the camera as I have big hands and cannot use the camera without it.

Oddly enough, it was never a problem with my old Z-1 (no grip attached), I could hold that one ok.
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.