Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Want to buy a white background roll

dinneenp
Posted 22/04/2014 - 21:20 Link
I'm looking to buy a white background sheet/roll and frame to hold it. It'd be for portraits of my kids.
I think I'd prefer a roll/not a sheet, like a bed sheet, if you know what I mean.

My thoughts is that a roll is less see-through and would tend to wrinkle less. If someone sits in a sheet the whole sheet can wrinkle.
I'm in Ireland so please don't suggest a bricks and mortar store that don't post.

Any thoughts and recommendations please?
Thanks,
Pa
Cheers,
Pa
http://www.photoblog.ie where every post have a musical reference as it's title.
Posted 23/04/2014 - 06:34 Link
Good advice
cardiff_gareth wrote:
I bought a vinyl on a roll from Bessel. On eBay they sell it only on an aluminium core, see here and here. On their website you can buy it on a cardboard tube instead. Notice I've only linked 5m long vinyls as you'll need 2m for the backdrop, then there's the infinity curve and then the flooring at 2.5m so 5m is a minimum length.

Vinyl is heavy so you'll need a heavy duty frame to hold it. Don't buy a cheap background stand set up as it'll break, fall on your kids or worse still, if you're on a job....... Always check the load capacity on the cross bar

SteveF
Posted 23/04/2014 - 12:38 Link
Can't fault what Gareth said, particularly as portability doesn't appear to be an issue.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.