Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Walking in the French Pyrenees

jvs
Posted 07/11/2022 - 21:53 Link
Just getting the processing finished from our mid-September trip. This is the Cirque de Troumouse, not the most famous, but a great walk to an amazing sight. K70 + DA 16-85mm. A few humans left in here and there for a sense of scale!

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

4 Don't forget to look back now and again!
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

12 ... and now it's back down!
Comment Image
John
Spad
Posted 07/11/2022 - 22:33 Link
What scenery!!!

I am jealous!!!
The Legendary Terry Pratchett once said:
At the beggining there was nothing....

Which exploded....
davidwozhere
Posted 07/11/2022 - 23:37 Link
That must have been a mindblowing holiday. If I have to pick one out it's #2 but they are all impressive.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
pschlute
Posted 07/11/2022 - 23:52 Link
I am really liking the last one.
Flan
Posted 07/11/2022 - 23:53 Link
No 3 for me jvs, it has the dept and scale of a wonderful landscape scene, very nice holiday
vic cross
Posted 08/11/2022 - 00:53 Link
All great. Have you been on the little yellow train??.
JVC.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
LennyBloke
Posted 09/11/2022 - 16:17 Link
The last one and number 3 for me, although they all come together to make a very nice set.

My only slight criticism (just my opinion) is the size of the images - No.3 reveals so much more clarity and detail (because it is that little bit bigger), I'd live to see the rest at similar resolution
LennyBloke
Posted 09/11/2022 - 17:17 Link
Spad wrote:
What scenery!!!

I am jealous!!!

Me too!
jvs
Posted 09/11/2022 - 17:42 Link
Thanks, all, glad you found the scenery as amazing as we did! A few more to come shortly, I hope.

vic cross wrote:
Have you been on the little yellow train??.

Too many years ago to say, Vic! Though it runs much further to the Mediterranean end of the Pyrenees than the Central Pyrenees we prefer for walking these days.

LennyBloke wrote:
My only slight criticism (just my opinion) is the size of the images - No.3 reveals so much more clarity and detail (because it is that little bit bigger)

John, I've been puzzled when you have made similar comments in the past, as I thought all photos were shown at 1000px on the longest side, so they all show pretty much the same size. So I looked back at my folder of resized/ready to post photos and eventually twigged that the resizing process I've been using (in Photoshop Elements, because it's dead easy, though I use Affinity Photo for the actual processing of the RAW files) gives 1000px on the horizontal side all the time, so a portrait-style image will look bigger on screen because the vertical sides are obviously longer than the horizontal. I'll remember that in future and see if it can be used to advantage!
John
cardiffgareth
Posted 15/11/2022 - 11:14 Link
I gave up with saying 6, no, 9, no, 10, no...... What a belter of a set. So so lovely
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.