Pictures of some of my vintage bodies:

Group shots . . .

Portraits . . .

Blue

Link Posted 04/08/2010 - 22:48
A few more 'portraits.'

Blue

Link Posted 04/08/2010 - 22:49
This is the core of my m42 body collection. It is a working collection which I use.

Dangermouse

Link Posted 04/08/2010 - 23:29
The Asahiflex is a marvellous little camera, I have been keeping an eye out for one although I think juggling a handheld light meter and the camera would be a bit tricky.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

Blue

Link Posted 05/08/2010 - 01:30
Dangermouse wrote:
The Asahiflex is a marvellous little camera, I have been keeping an eye out for one although I think juggling a handheld light meter and the camera would be a bit tricky.

Much of the time I use a variation of Sunny 16 with it or a tiny meter that I have.

womble

Link Posted 05/08/2010 - 08:09
Lovely collection! I am very envious. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

mowog

Link Posted 05/08/2010 - 10:48
Oh, Boy! - You've really got it bad!

A magnificent collection... Now, show us some lenses!
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.

Mowog.

hefty1

Link Posted 05/08/2010 - 10:54
Nice collection! I think the K is the most handsome model there, one I wouldn't mind for myself.
Joining the Q

Reuben0

Link Posted 05/08/2010 - 17:34
Yes, very nice

Any chance you could identify which cameras are featured?

Thanks
R

womble

Link Posted 05/08/2010 - 19:32
Front row second in is a Pentax K, third in is a black SV, back row are Heiland Pentax H1 and H2 I think. The Ashaiflex I think is a IIb

I stand to be corrected on all these.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Blue

Link Posted 05/08/2010 - 23:01
hefty1 wrote:
Nice collection! I think the K is the most handsome model there, one I wouldn't mind for myself.

I agree with you there. It is my favorite m42 body of all! It has the grace of the AP & S, but also has the auto-aperture compatibility plus a slightly better focusing screen.

Edit: I think these Zebra 55 lenses are the best of all the 55mm Takumars!
Last Edited by Blue on 05/08/2010 - 23:19

Blue

Link Posted 05/08/2010 - 23:05
Some have expressed interest in the ID. The first 2 are more of the IIB "late" Asahiflex. Then I screwed up and double posted the H2 'Heiland' version twice. The last one is the film advance of the H3. One of the double post images was supposed to be the advance for the K and is updated for this post.
Blue wrote:
A few more 'portraits.'

K advance

H3 Advance

Last Edited by Blue on 05/08/2010 - 23:10

Blue

Link Posted 05/08/2010 - 23:18
womble wrote:
Front row second in is a Pentax K, third in is a black SV, back row are Heiland Pentax H1 and H2 I think. The Ashaiflex I think is a IIb

I stand to be corrected on all these.

K.

That's close. The one is an H3 rather than an H1. Everything else is spot on. The IIb is the 'late' version obvious by the hole cover for the slow speed dial. When the IIA came out, they started using the same top plate for both models.

To honor RubenO's request:

Group shots . . .

Back Row: Praktiflex FX, Heiland H3, Heiland H2
Front Row: Contax D, Pentax K, black SV late version

Asahiflex IIb (late), Pentax K, Contax D, Praktiflex in back.

Portraits . . .

Pentax K

late black SV with my second 'Zebra' which has half stops

Asahiflex IIB late

The chrome ES reported by some sources as not existing.

pschlute

Link Posted 06/08/2010 - 00:06
Wonderful...thanks for posting.
Peter

My Flickr page

Reuben0

Link Posted 06/08/2010 - 16:37
Thanks Blue.

I too regard the "K" as the nicest of the pre-Spotmatic cameras.

I've never seen one in good condition that I could afford though

Cheers,
R
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.