Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Very nearly returned to the fold this week...Or HOLY BREXIT BATMAN!

cardiffgareth
Posted 20/09/2016 - 12:09 Link
Yesterday it occured to me that my gear that is insured is out of date so I called the insurance company to add all the new equipment on as well as remove the old gear. They wanted up to date replacement costs of all the equipment I have.

Have you seen the cost of the FA 50mm f1.4 lately?

http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/pentax-smc-fa-50mm-f1-4-lens.html?gclid=Cj0KEQj...

Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
ilovesaabs
Posted 20/09/2016 - 12:52 Link
It's been higher....
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
jules
Posted 20/09/2016 - 14:36 Link
wvbarnes wrote:
Sorry about your health Jules, it is a big factor when the camera bag gets too heavy. I thought this interesting on Pentax Rumors as it might mean smaller lighter gear on the way...
Best wishes to you, do keep popping in.

Quote:

The 2016 Photokina show starts next week and so far I have not heard any Ricoh/Pentax rumors. Today I received this anonymous tip from a reader about a new Pentax vintage mirrorless camera:

I heard a rumour today the source is in a good position to know but he is not certain and wouldn’t want his name dropped in case his employer isn’t happy. His job is visual merchandising and one of his clients is a camera retailer in the UK. They are drawing up plans for Spring 2017 and there is an extra section being given to Pentax – in the mirrorless section of the store. The camera’s is noted as being ‘Pentax Vintage FF M/less’ and ‘Pentax Vintage APSC Mirrorless’ – And there is a section for Q to K conv’ – there rest of the section is for lenses and is manager discretion based on stock what they put there.

Just been looking at that Bill, ta!
Sounds interesting, Pentax do small very well!
Interestingly enough, I received a similar tip few months ago.

jules wrote:
Certainly is Bill, glad I entertain!
These days I don't get nearly as twisted over gear as I used to, I would never really buy a K1 as it would never leave the house if I had something smaller and lighter, nice thing it surely is but impractical for me but I can still admire it right?
My lot now has a competitor to the 645z coming, I had a recent allbeit brief encounter with a "D" model but it just was not for me, so I flogged it for a profit!
I can only see myself dropping down the sensor size scales even more in the future, if my Arthritis gets any worse which it no doubt will, I love Pentax, all it stands for and the qualities in handling etc that other marques just don't have but cannot see me owning another again any time soon but I'd still like to see them doing well in the marketplace...

[/quote]
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
jules
Posted 20/09/2016 - 14:37 Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
Yesterday it occured to me that my gear that is insured is out of date so I called the insurance company to add all the new equipment on as well as remove the old gear. They wanted up to date replacement costs of all the equipment I have.

Have you seen the cost of the FA 50mm f1.4 lately?

http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/pentax-smc-fa-50mm-f1-4-lens.html?gclid=Cj0KEQj...

Ouch!!!
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.