gtis

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 16:08
Hi
As you are all aware the Tour de France is coming to yorkshire
Is any of you thinking of going to the start,finish or somewhere in between
I am thinking of going to Leeds for the start and on Sunday to
Langsett or brockholes
cheers Neil
pentax k3 k5 super A da* 300 f4 da*50-135 f 2.8 smc 50mm f1.7 af 360 fgz pentax1.4xhd converter
Pentax o-gps1

Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Last Edited by gtis on 24/05/2014 - 16:08

Gravelrash

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 16:19
Well I'm here to learn...didn't know Yorkshire was in France! Whatever next?

I see the route goes through Kettlewell. Love that village. If the weathers good may try to get there.

Sorry not much of an answer to your post
Steve

Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?

Northgrain

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 16:23
Worth planning access very carefully. They're closing roads from Glossop up to the race VERY early. We'll probably have a long walk/ bike ride up to the Woodhead to catch the action
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

AndrewA

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 16:41
We are away the Saturday but are planning to go on the Sunday.
I will have a look at the local paper as I hear there is a piece in it about places to watch Le Tour.
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

davidstorm

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 17:29
The Tour is going up Jawbone Hill at Oughtibridge and luckily for me my Parents in Law live right on the hill! We will get a superb vantage point from a field at the edge of their garden, which overlooks the road as it winds up the hill and over a bridge. Whats more, there will be no spectators in the way, we will have an uninterrupted vantage point!

I'm hoping to get some good images of the day, fingers crossed for good weather.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Northgrain

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 18:02
Will really look forward to seeing your photos then, David
Tim

davidstorm

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 18:06
Northgrain wrote:
Will really look forward to seeing your photos then, David

Now you're putting me under pressure Tim!
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Northgrain

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 18:08

fritzthedog

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 19:26
The company I have worked for for a very long time is the sponsor of one of the best cycling teams in France.

Anyway - to cut a long story short - I have managed to wangle the following:

For the Leeds to Harrogate leg of the race - I shall be in the team support car in the thick of things all day.

For the York-Sheffield leg - I shall be in the teams village before the race and will then be taking a small party of company guests up in a helicopter to follow the race.

As I live in a village between Knaresborough and Harrogate and most of the roads will be closed for 2 days- no idea how I am going to get to Leeds and York - but I will!!!!

Cheshire cat? Dog with 2 tails - yep and more

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

Northgrain

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 19:35
Lucky lucky lucky man

Which team, Carl?

I think folks have not yet twigged his massive this event could be. If the weather forecast is good, the crowds heading for the key locations and climbs (Holme Moss etc) are going to be just huge.
Tim

Last Edited by Northgrain on 24/05/2014 - 19:36

DrOrloff

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 19:45
Living in France and having seen the Tour pass close by a few times it really is a wonderful experience, even though what you see happens in seconds. You cannnot help but get into it and begin to appreciate the complexities involved. A campervan following the Tour would be a wonderful month spent.

Unfortunately it bypasses us this year. A time trial around the Lac de Vassivere has been long rumoured but never come about.

Darkskies could give you much more of an appreciation of what it is all about. It is magical.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

Gravelrash

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 20:12
fritzthedog wrote:
The company I have worked for for a very long time is the sponsor of one of the best cycling teams in France.

Anyway - to cut a long story short - I have managed to wangle the following:

For the Leeds to Harrogate leg of the race - I shall be in the team support car in the thick of things all day.

For the York-Sheffield leg - I shall be in the teams village before the race and will then be taking a small party of company guests up in a helicopter to follow the race.

As I live in a village between Knaresborough and Harrogate and most of the roads will be closed for 2 days- no idea how I am going to get to Leeds and York - but I will!!!!

Cheshire cat? Dog with 2 tails - yep and more

Carl

Sounds awful
Steve

Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?

fritzthedog

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 20:50
Northgrain wrote:
Lucky lucky lucky man

Which team, Carl?

Hi Tim

This team link

Carl
Last Edited by fritzthedog on 24/05/2014 - 21:02

Northgrain

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 21:01
fritzthedog wrote:
Northgrain wrote:
Lucky lucky lucky man

Which team, Carl?

Hi Tim

This team link

arl

Tommy Voeckler . What a rider.
Tim

fritzthedog

Link Posted 24/05/2014 - 21:06
Northgrain wrote:
fritzthedog wrote:
Quote:
Lucky lucky lucky man

Which team, Carl?

Hi Tim

This team link

arl

Tommy Voeckler . What a rider.

I was with him just before Christmas in Paris - I have a photo of us posing together - both wearing reindeer antlers and looking more than a little embarrassed - now there's one he would not like me putting on the team website - and I could

Let's hope he can get to wear the yellow jersey again - great rider and a really nice guy too.

Carl
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.