Today's Walk in a section of the SW Coastal Path.

loadoftripe

Link Posted 28/07/2022 - 16:23
Good 2 and 1/2 hour walk on a warm day, shorts and T-shirt weather - great, just a couple of Horse fly bites! Never used to get these but since the local farmers have increased the number of stables and peoples horses they are a real pest.
KP and DFA 28 to 105mm WR. All SOOC and hand held, used a CPL.

1. On the path down towards Bovisand Beach;

2. Part of old Fort Bovisand ?

3. Remains of the old Diving/Decompression center and harbour, with the Breakwater in the background.

5. Old and new;

MrB

Link Posted 28/07/2022 - 19:19
As a general comment, and it does of course depend on what you wanted, for me these images look under-exposed for what seems to be a bright sunny day.

Philip
Last Edited by MrB on 28/07/2022 - 19:20

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 28/07/2022 - 19:27
I'll be interested in your response to MrB, Loadoftripe. Learning for me involved here.
Be well, stay safe.

loadoftripe

Link Posted 28/07/2022 - 20:17
MrB wrote:
As a general comment, and it does of course depend on what you wanted, for me these images look under-exposed for what seems to be a bright sunny day.

Philip

Yeah sorry about that, I have rushed them out again, SOOC.

I was in manual and checking for no blown highlights by using liveview, I can't do this through the viewfinder unless I am missing something? so normally I would when not in a rush, check them in RT by increasing exposure to near the max on the histogram/curves etc. to lift the brightness.

However I'm usually rushing them out, but TBH on my monitor they did look quite bright, and I have had this before, where on the mobile they look underexposed, but in this case they did look bright, so is it possible your screen/mobile is "dimmer" ? no disrespect but they look okay IMO, perhaps you are correct.

Thanks for the comments, I am going to have to be more stringent in my post processing and posting, I also seem to have a problem with White balance checking LOL.
Ah well still learning.
Cheers.

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 28/07/2022 - 20:18
As you say, loadoftripe, still learning. And so am I. Thanks for this, appreciated.
Be well, stay safe.

MrB

Link Posted 28/07/2022 - 21:28
I am still a novice with a lot to learn too. However, here goes -

As an example, consider Image 6 which has a lot of bright fluffy clouds. I would expect there to be 'white' tones in them, but there is very little in the right-most quarter of the histogram:

A simple tweak to alter this (moving the white point) gives an image which looks more realistic to me:

[ The images above are from PaintShop Pro.]

Cheers.
Philip

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 28/07/2022 - 21:32
Good point, well made, it works for me. This is also good learning for me. Thanks, Philip.
Be well, stay safe.
Last Edited by Urbanmeister on 28/07/2022 - 21:32
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.