Those who prey on the uninformed annoy me

Mongoose

Link Posted 16/10/2009 - 12:32
I just saw an add on Facebook (yes, I know, the adds on Facebook are dire and I shouldn't let them get to me, but this one did).

"Frustrated with the results from your DSLR? discover secret tips and techniques used by the pros."

Secret tips and techniques? I'm sorry but if you're not getting the goods out of a DSLR (of any make), what you need are basic techniques and an eye for a good picture.

The person who placed that add must know full well what novice 'togs actually need to learn to become better but he/she's playing to the idea that theres some magic secret that will allow you to be an award winning photographer overnight. That sort of thing really winds me up.

sorry, rant over.
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

K10D

Link Posted 16/10/2009 - 12:50
Mongoose wrote:
I just saw an add on Facebook (yes, I know, the adds on Facebook are dire and I shouldn't let them get to me, but this one did).

"Frustrated with the results from your DSLR? discover secret tips and techniques used by the pros."

Secret tips and techniques? I'm sorry but if you're not getting the goods out of a DSLR (of any make), what you need are basic techniques and an eye for a good picture.

The person who placed that add must know full well what novice 'togs actually need to learn to become better but he/she's playing to the idea that theres some magic secret that will allow you to be an award winning photographer overnight. That sort of thing really winds me up.

sorry, rant over.

I need that site......!!!!

polchraine

Link Posted 16/10/2009 - 13:07
Or it is more commonly referred to as Fakebook ...
K20D, *istD, MZ-S, Super-A, ME Super, MX
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, DA* 300,
DA 50-200, FA 24-90, FA 20-35,
M 400-600, A 50 f1.4, A 28 f2.8, A 70-210, M 35-80, M 50 f1.7
A x2S teleconverter and a few others ...

Father Ted

Link Posted 16/10/2009 - 13:49
The secret to better photos????
Lend Martin my camera for a week, then I'll have a week's worth of good photos
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 16/10/2009 - 16:19
Father Ted wrote:
The secret to better photos????
Lend Martin my camera for a week, then I'll have a week's worth of good photos

That's a good idea..

..Martin?...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.