Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

They say life begins at 50

Gary_11
Posted 01/02/2012 - 21:01 Link
Ok,I've left it a little late,51 now.After years of owning Film cameras,first ever camera Kodak 277X,progressed onto Olympus OM10,a few Nikons,Canons,ending up with a Pentax MX and a Canon EOS 50E,before moving onto digital compacts.
I am now the proud owner of a K-7 with 18-55 AL WR lens.Simply astounded and a little daunted by the sheer amount of features/settings/options,but looking forward to the challenge.
Any tips or pointers re settings could be most helpful.
Thanks
Stuey
Posted 01/02/2012 - 21:43 Link
Hello and welcome to the forum

Sorry no tips on the K7 from me but there are plenty of people here who could help
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
fritzthedog
Posted 01/02/2012 - 21:49 Link
Hi GAry

Welcome to the forum - you will find us a friendly helpful lot - and many of us have owned or do own K7s.

Pointers? well read the manual for sure (or at least the main bits) - then Play with it - it will not bite! The first thing to learn with a DSLR is that learning costs nothing - no paying for developing 36 duds anymore!. Best tip I can give you to start with is just stick a decent sized memory card in it - and get out there and fire of hundreds of shots trying all the different features. The images will record the exif data so when you load them in to whatever storage or editing program you are using you will be able to look at your results and ee the data telling you what settings you used.

If you haven't yet got an editing/ storage program - Picasa 3 - which is a free Google download is a good place to start and very easy to use.

After an initial proper 'play' you may well have a lot of specific questions - fire them away here and i am sure you will receive good advice.

Enjoy

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
AndrewA
Posted 01/02/2012 - 22:00 Link
Welcome to the forum, enjoy the K7!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
ChrisR
Posted 02/02/2012 - 10:22 Link
Hi Gary.

Take care.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
jeeess1967
Posted 02/02/2012 - 11:08 Link
Hi Gary, Welcome. I too am a proud owner of a K-7 and learning. If you ask something I am familiar with, I can help. You will anyway get great tips from the forum members who have wealth of knowledge.

Regards,

Jeeess
K-5, K-7 and K10D, Pentax 18-135 WR,18-55 WR,Pentax 28-105,Sigma 28-300, Sigma 28-80 (Macro) and Pentax 50-200 WR.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.