Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

The world's most expensive photograph

Pentaxophile
Posted 12/11/2011 - 20:45 Link
K, I reckon you've got it licked and I really like that shot!

As for the rest of you... You bunch of Daily Mail reading philistines
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Pentaxophile
Posted 12/11/2011 - 21:58 Link
Ever hopeful of a 3,000,000 cash injection, which would certainly buy a lot of K lenses, here is my contribution.

Comment Image
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
DrOrloff
Posted 12/11/2011 - 21:59 Link
I like that. Won't buy it though.
Unlocker
Posted 13/11/2011 - 00:03 Link
One day Rodney, we'll be millionaires!!

Comment Image
cabstar
Posted 13/11/2011 - 02:02 Link
Joking apart it's not about the photo, it's about who its by, the instatallation & the rarity.

Gursky's images very rarely come up for auction they are huge installations & a lot of time goes into them.

This image will now always be know for once being the most expensive photograph in the world so the buyer has an excellent invetsment.

I think it is better than the last most exspensive photo Cindy Shermans image #96 which is just a self portrait.

Comment Image
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Algernon
Posted 13/11/2011 - 09:44 Link
Seems to be a lot of people around with more money than sense
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
cabstar
Posted 13/11/2011 - 12:18 Link
Art gold & other precious metals are probably all better investments at the moment than sticking it in the bank....

Photography is increasingly increasing in value...
Concert photography

gartmore
Posted 13/11/2011 - 13:07 Link
And gold is actually pretty useless substance
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
cabstar
Posted 13/11/2011 - 14:02 Link
It must be useless, most of it is just stored in vaults...
Concert photography

Don
Posted 13/11/2011 - 15:38 Link
I plan on being rich, mostly because I didn't expect to live this long, and failed to plan for retirement... therefore getting dirty, filthy, stinking rich is the best option for me.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
tyronet2000
Posted 16/11/2011 - 12:12 Link
Don wrote:
I plan on being rich, mostly because I didn't expect to live this long, and failed to plan for retirement... therefore getting dirty, filthy, stinking rich is the best option for me.

There is nothing more heartbreakingly disappointing than sitting through an entire reading of a Will, just to learn you have been left nothing
Regards
Stan

PPG
Frogherder
Posted 24/11/2011 - 11:57 Link
A solicitor once told me that the worst would be to be left 1 shilling as that shows the deceased had not simply just forgotten you and negates any attempt to contest the will.

Bernard
Father Ted
Posted 24/11/2011 - 12:50 Link
womble wrote:
Pentaxophile wrote:
OK, I challenge anyone to take an equally minimalistic and sober looking photograph!

Comment Image

K.

PS £500,000 a print, down payment of £500 needed.

D'you know? I much prefer this shot!
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
tyronet2000
Posted 24/11/2011 - 12:53 Link
Far too much foreground interest ie the white arrow has ruined the minimalistic view you were seeking sorry no fallen darts returned
Regards
Stan

PPG
RCA
Posted 24/11/2011 - 13:13 Link
Personally, the arrow offers more interest than stripes of green and grey. Right place, right time and the cheek to try brings reward. Well done Gursky, not sure about the guy that bought it tho' - too much loose change!

Clare

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.