The wedding ring.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 18/01/2021 - 00:01
It's that Primotar again - but stopped right down this time.
Peculiar Trioplan bokeh is all well and good but this lens isn't a one-trick pony. Stopped down it becomes quite
sharp and you have to search hard for any trace of CA. The camera was suspended from a tripod to get it
almost on the floor with some scrunched up newspaper beneath it to dampen any swinging.

This is where you really do need that flippy screen!
Just noticed the spelling error - too late
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Last Edited by davidwozhere on 18/01/2021 - 00:03

jvs

Link Posted 18/01/2021 - 15:13
Great technique and a lovely outcome! And without the "flippy screen", even better!
John

Sry

Link Posted 18/01/2021 - 20:01
Nice one David. This is stopped right down? Goodness.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 19/01/2021 - 01:22
It was about 6 or 7 feet away from the camera too. I threw my keys across the floor and found I had to back away from them. It's an amazing result on a big screen. As to 'flippy screen', this was a K1, which has such a marvel. The new thing apparently won't have one. You can't put a ref converter on a modern K eyepiece 'cos it won't fit so unless you are willing to scrape your chin across the floor you've had it!

Lubbyman

Link Posted 19/01/2021 - 09:25
davidwozhere wrote:
You can't put a ref converter on a modern K eyepiece 'cos it won't fit

I got a Chinese one quite a while ago and use it regularly. It fits the K3 OK. Have eyepieces changed since then?

Steve

womble

Link Posted 19/01/2021 - 09:33
davidwozhere wrote:
It was about 6 or 7 feet away from the camera too. I threw my keys across the floor and found I had to back away from them. It's an amazing result on a big screen. As to 'flippy screen', this was a K1, which has such a marvel. The new thing apparently won't have one. You can't put a ref converter on a modern K eyepiece 'cos it won't fit so unless you are willing to scrape your chin across the floor you've had it!

My ref-convertor M (or is it an A? I don't remember...) fits my K-3 fine with no problems. The older ones (K-series cameras and before don't fit. Ever since the M-series cameras (ME, MX etc.) the eye-piece has stayed the same size. Some things are a snugger fit. The magnifying eyepiece I used now is quite tight to get on the K-3, but the old dioptre correction eyepieces I have for the MX etc. fall off at the drop of a hat.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Aitch53

Link Posted 19/01/2021 - 10:35
Try one of these?
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 20/01/2021 - 01:15
Great idea Aitch! I've tried the Chinese 'Seagull' one with the multiple adapters - it's awful. I've been looking for a Pentax 'A' one for years and not found one yet. There are dozens of K versions. The M version is slightly too narrow but can be filed back - that's what I currently use when necessary.

johnriley

Link Posted 20/01/2021 - 08:48
Nice focus, and title corrected.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 20/01/2021 - 10:49
davidwozhere wrote:
I've tried the Chinese 'Seagull' one with the multiple adapters - it's awful.

Interesting. That's the brand I got a long while ago and find it OK (newer versions have appeared since then, though, and might be significantly different). It's plastic, not very robust, needs to be treated gently and not exactly engineered to the standards of Pentax kit. But it does the job for me and is OK for something that was cheap and doesn't affect the image quality. A top notch, really nicely engineered model that's made for modern DSLRs would be nice, but ...

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 20/01/2021 - 23:54
Thank you for the correction John.

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.