The use of extenders in general

redbusa99

Link Posted 18/03/2017 - 15:04
i thought the "Apply All" AF adjustment applies that adjustment to any lens fitted to the camera . at least that is how it reads in my manual (K5 11s) and in the K7 one from what i remember hence never used it. also it states that if you saved an Apply One setting and then did an Apply All setting it will over ride the Apply One so that lens will no longer have the adjustment it was given.
K5 11s and the odd lens or 2

Flickr
ppg

Algernon

Link Posted 18/03/2017 - 16:14
Where can we all get some of that stuff your on

If you lift your right leg in the air at the same time that you use the apply all correction it leaves the other 20 lenses set to their original setting

--
Half Man... Half Pentax

Pentax K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 18/03/2017 - 16:38

redbusa99

Link Posted 19/03/2017 - 01:00
read the manual

Flickr
ppg

redbusa99

Link Posted 19/03/2017 - 10:29
apologies Algernon, you are correct. that will teach me not to read small print late at night after a couple of Guinness

Flickr
ppg

Algernon

Link Posted 19/03/2017 - 12:02
Glad that your sorted and other people aren't confused

I'm a bit confused myself about what happens if I chose APPLY ALL to a lens that already has an ID in the database with the value set. The manual says that in that case it will use the APPLY ALL value, but what happens if I then use other lenses and eventually go back to the first lens? I presume it reverts to the stored value, but I might be expecting it to use the APPLY ALL value. Bit tricky that one and could lead to errors.

Oddly I've never seen anyone asking for clarification/improvement on this, but it relates to actual camera usage and not the hugely popular fondling or ticking off check lists So I don't expect to see it
--
Half Man... Half Pentax

Pentax K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

davidwozhere

Link Posted 20/03/2017 - 00:15
The answer to this one ought to have emerged anyway in that the camera must recognise the lens for which you want to store correction values. Older manual lenses have no inbuilt identity and so couldn't be affected anyway ........... or is that me lifting my left leg in the air?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

redbusa99

Link Posted 20/03/2017 - 00:39
if you fit an A lens you only get the Apply All option the Apply One does not appear, at least that is what happened with my Tamron Adaptall with PK/A adapter fitted and the same with an M lens (M28 f3.5). not knowing what exactly alters when an adjustment is made have no idea if it actually works with these lenses but if it is there must then assume it does somehow.

Flickr
ppg
Last Edited by redbusa99 on 20/03/2017 - 00:40
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.