The HD PENTAX-D FA 21mm F2.4ED Limited DC WR is announced

pschlute

Link Posted 15/10/2021 - 20:23
LennyBloke wrote:

I've got it in my head that the "missing link" is a D FA* 35mm f1.4 - at a similar price to the 85

Will you then be selling you entire collection of Pentax-M 35mm f1.4 that you must have somewhere in your attic ?

Peter

My Flickr page

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/10/2021 - 21:04
Just had an email from Ricoh UK about the lens, straight Euro to pounds conversion again ... £1499
. My Flickr

RobL

Link Posted 15/10/2021 - 22:30
LennyBloke wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="RobL"]

Rob - I know the SW150 filters are large, but couldn't you make use of them on other lenses or is it just the D FA 15-30 you use them on?

Adapters are available for mounting on lenses with filter threads and I have an 82mm one, but they are very bulky so it makes sense to have just one and use converters. The SW100 system is more versatile and compact but wonít fit on the 15-30 so itís a question of picking which compromise to go with. For small lenses like 49mm filter threads I have an 85mm square Cokin set which is very compact.
Last Edited by RobL on 15/10/2021 - 22:42

HarisF1

Link Posted 15/10/2021 - 22:58
Surely there's no reason to pick one of these up at the current price when top quality Distagon lenses are available for less (the 25/2.8 is a wonderful example).
All the gear with no idea

robbiec

Link Posted 15/10/2021 - 23:10
HarisF1 wrote:
Surely there's no reason to pick one of these up at the current price when top quality Distagon lenses are available for less (the 25/2.8 is a wonderful example).

The Distagon 25/2.8 is probably the lens closest in design philosophy in that it can do butter smooth bokeh at close quarters wide open and then turning into a resolution animal at longer distances stopped down, its a favourite of mine. They don't show up as often as you think There is a ZK on Ebay for Ä820 via Japan.
The DFA21/2.4 will be hard pushed to match the centre resolution wide open that the Zeiss can achieve. Ä679 extra for a warranty, AF, weather sealing and DFA Limited status seems like good value then
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]

HarisF1

Link Posted 16/10/2021 - 10:06
I think mine was listed on one of my FS threads

Might have to amend that.
All the gear with no idea

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 16/10/2021 - 13:07
Surely the inclusion of the ZK in a FS thread was an editing mishap, Haris

As for the new 21mm from Pentax, it appeals to me but having three lenses at or close to that focal length does mean I need to think carefully, as the household director of purchases would say.

Whilst we're having to guess as to their longterm strategy, whether that be to become a "bigger" player in the market or to become a more profitable niche, I am happy to see the investment Ricoh are continuing to put into the Pentax brand.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.