The garden is starting to deliver...

LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/07/2022 - 18:55
...it's that time of year when the fruits of our labours are starting to deliver...

1. Courgette Flower.

2. Mini Cucumber.

3. Last of the Blackcurrants.

4. Surviving Cauliflowers.

All taken with the K1 MkII plus F 1.7x AF Adaptor + A 100mm f2.8 Macro + AF160FC Macro flash
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/07/2022 - 19:02
p.s. I suppose the flowers deserve a mention too...

1. Hydrangea openings.

2. Giant Lily.

3. Christmas Rose?

LennyBloke

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 03/07/2022 - 19:06
Nice set(s)...lots of detail and lovely colours.

Karlo

Flan

Link Posted 03/07/2022 - 19:19
Love em Lenny, im a dab hand with the garlic, spuds onions cabbage raspberries blackcurrant and more but cauliflower always was a disaster for me.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 03/07/2022 - 23:52
I thought, "they're sharp." And now I can see why. The flash seems to have made the cauliflower look quite unappetizing, however. How did the combination handle for you?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Spad

Link Posted 04/07/2022 - 13:15
The rose is just wonderfull!
At the beggining there was nothing....

Which exploded....

loadoftripe

Link Posted 04/07/2022 - 13:38
The Rose and Number 3 for me, lovely shots all of them.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 05/07/2022 - 19:21
Thanks for all the kind comments - much appreciated

The equipment combination handled really quite well David, I did override the AF on a few shots but in terms of quality I couldn't have asked for much more

I have a very low success rate with Cauliflowers too Flan - I planted them in 4 locations this year and the only ones that survived the Pigeon attacks were hidden in amongst the Broad Beans (which have been devastated by some sort of black fly infestation).

The Rose seems to be a favourite - I think I caught it lucky with those water droplets
LennyBloke

davidwozhere

Link Posted 06/07/2022 - 00:27
I got fed up with caterpillars and pigeons so I made a cage out of 1 x 1 pine and garden netting. I have smashing sprouts and cabbage this year.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

redbusa99

Link Posted 06/07/2022 - 11:28
another great set John, we just let Tesco do the growing for us as we tried it once and complete disaster
odd lens or 2

Flickr

Lubbyman

Link Posted 06/07/2022 - 22:49
That courgette flower looks rather sinister! But those mini-cucumbers and blackcurrants are enticing . And you've managed to produce good backgrounds for them, too - not so easy in the fruit 'n veg patch in my experience.

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.