Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

The dangers of digital photography

Rodger Fooks
Posted 01/04/2007 - 09:57 Link
I have just been looking at submissions for next months BMJ (British Medical Journal) and came across a German paper about digital camera issues.

This is my best attempt at an English translation / extract of a couple of issues.

Dr F Unwirklichmann suggests

As photons hit the sensor array small levels of alpha and beta radiation are emitted. Examining a sample of 50 professional photographers he found minor increases in radioactive damage to the Cerebellum in 2.
On a similar sample of non digital users he found no increases.

Dr F Unwirklichmann also goes on to say that modern AF systems focus light in such a way that more UV A + B light is now focused on the retina than in manual versions. He believes this explains why 98% of his sample had presbyopia (stiffening of the eyes lens) when the average is 93%. In a similar sample of those using MF cameras 94% exhibited signs of presbyopia.

So watch out when using those cameras his work continues!
Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
George Lazarette
Posted 01/04/2007 - 10:12 Link
Apparently these worrying phenomena vary with the time of year. April 1st is a particularly bad time, it seems.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Rodger Fooks
Posted 01/04/2007 - 10:18 Link
You're just to smart George
Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
George Lazarette
Posted 01/04/2007 - 10:21 Link
Rodger Fooks wrote:
You're just to smart George

Good try, though, Rodger.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Rodger Fooks
Posted 01/04/2007 - 10:39 Link
So what gave it away then George?

Dr F Unwirklichmann or should that be Dr F Unreal Man

I'll just have to do better next time

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.