Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Teleplus 2x Pz-AF teleconverter. SDM contacts

cardiffgareth
Posted 12/11/2018 - 22:17 Link
Selling as my Sigma 70-200mm HSM doesn't like it!

Flash image so pretty harsh light! The optics are clear and bright. Selling for what I paid for it which was £25 plus £10 P&P so £35 all in to recoup my costs!

Payment via bank transfer or PayPal gift payment

Comment Image
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Kim C
Posted 12/11/2018 - 22:41 - Helpful Comment Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
Selling as my Sigma 70-200mm HSM doesn't like it!

Flash image so pretty harsh light! The optics are clear and bright. Selling for what I paid for it which was £25 plus £10 P&P so £35 all in to recoup my costs!

Payment via bank transfer or PayPal gift payment

Is that because it doesn't like that converter or it doesn't like them full stop?
cardiffgareth
Posted 12/11/2018 - 22:52 Link
The Sigma 70-200mm doesn't like the new WR Pentax HD DA 1.4x rear converter so I'm guessing this lens doesn't like teleconverters full stop!
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Kim C
Posted 12/11/2018 - 23:41 Link
Found this on the net:

Compatibility

Camera Compatibility
This converter is Pentax AF fitting, suitable for Pentax auto focus 35mm SLR cameras (digital with restrictions – see below), manual focus K or KA models, and many other cameras using the popular PK mount, as follows:

It fits all Pentax 35mm AF SLR cameras including the SFX (SF1), SFXn (SF1n), SF7 (SF10), Z-1 (PZ-1), Z-1P (PZ-1P), Z-5, Z-5p, Z-10 (PZ-10), Z-20 (PZ-20), Z-70 (PZ-70), MZ-3, MZ-5 (ZX-5), MZ-5n (ZX-5n), MZ-6 (ZX-L), MZ-7 (ZX-7), MZ-10 (ZX-10), MZ-30 (ZX-30), MZ-50 (ZX-50), MZ-60 (ZX-60), MZ-S and *ist. Auto or manual focus (with faster lenses), compatible with all normal exposure and metering modes.

It's compatible with the Pentax *ist D and K-series digital SLR cameras plus the K-01 and the Pentax-based Samsung GX cameras, but NOT other Samsung models. The Shake Reduction (SR) and OPS (Optical Picture Stabilization) features work to reduce camera shake at slow shutter speeds on suitable cameras, but you'll need to set the focal length manually (if possible) as the camera sets the original focal length without the converter.

It will also fit and work fine with manual focusing on all manual focus bayonet-fit Pentax cameras, including the KM, KX, K2, K2 DMD, K1000, ME, MX, ME Super, ME-F, MG, LX, Super A, Program A, P30 series, P50, A3, MZ-M (with full viewfinder display) and others. The mechanical and electronic connections are included for auto diaphragm, full aperture metering and compatibility with program/shutter priority modes on all suitable Pentax models, using suitable lenses.

The converter also fits numerous Chinons (with program modes on all suitable models, including the CP-9AF with manual focusing), Ricohs (no program/shutter bias modes), Cosinas, Vivitars and other Pentax K mount cameras, with auto diaphragm, full aperture metering and manual focus.

NOTE: Some independent lenses and accessories don't work correctly on modern cameras. We've checked this lens on our Pentax digital SLR camera and it works fine.

Lens Compatibility
This converter accepts Pentax AF lenses (usually marked SMC Pentax F, FA or FA-J) and most independent Pentax AF-fit lenses, plus Pentax Power Zoom lenses. It's NOT compatible with Pentax KAF4, SDM or DC lenses, or the independent equivalents such as Sigma HSM and Tamron USD. It's NOT compatible with Chinon AF lenses for the CP-9AF.

Pentax KA lenses (marked SMC Pentax A) have the A (Auto) setting on the aperture ring plus electrical contacts on the mount, and work with all exposure modes, as do independent KA lenses from Vivitar, Tamron, Sigma and many others. These are usually marked KA or PKA. Caution is advised with PKA/R or Ricoh P lenses, though, some of which can jam on the Pentax AF mount.

Pentax K lenses (marked SMC Pentax) and independent K-mount lenses also fit, with auto diaphragm and full aperture metering. Shutter priority and program modes are unavailable with these lenses, though aperture priority auto and manual modes still work fine on most AF cameras. They work on Pentax and Samsung GX DSLRs with more restrictions.
ilovesaabs
Posted 13/11/2018 - 13:42 Link
Time to sell the Sigma I think Gareth, I;ve got a HSM EX Sigma Macro that since my Nikon D810 received a firmware upgrade it won't work at all. Sigma wanted £50 to upgrade the lens... I decided against that and asked if they would change the mount from F to K - No, they said. So, I will sell it (for a fraction of what Mike is asking for his K-mount version)
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Mike-P
Posted 13/11/2018 - 16:26 Link
ilovesaabs wrote:
Sigma wanted £50 to upgrade the lens... I decided against that and asked if they would change the mount from F to K - No, they said. So, I will sell it (for a fraction of what Mike is asking for his K-mount version)

I'm pretty sure you bought it at a fraction of what I paid for my K-mount version as well.

Personally I think £50 isn't too bad since they include return postage, it's hardly Sigmas fault Nikon started messing up third party lens compatability ... I would certainly pay it.
Edited by Mike-P: 13/11/2018 - 16:28
cardiffgareth
Posted 13/11/2018 - 22:02 Link
Thanks all. Item has been paid for and dispatched out today

Peter, if the new f4 Pentax 70-200 isn't too pricey I'll be getting one and saying adiós to the Sigma !
Gareth Williams ARPS

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.